Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Wish BMW NZ franchises did deals like this

This is from one of my local BMW dealers in the US.  They completed the recalls on my E46 while I was there.  Awesome service.  Treated me like a future sale.  Unlike NZ where you may as well be spat on if you turn up in your E87.

The dealerships are fighting for customers over there though.  There were two major dealerships only about an hour from each other.

A message from BMW of Silver Spring. View Online
BMW | The Ultimate Driving Machine(R)
$199 FOR 3 YEARS PREPAID OIL SERVICES
A premium oil for your premium expectations.

BMW Ultimate Care Oil Services - 3 years prepaid for $199
Regular oil changes are vital to keep your BMW at its best. That’s why we're introducing BMW Ultimate Care Oil Services* for BMWs that have reached 60 months or 60,000 miles.

For one fixed price of $199, you’ll receive 3 years of unlimited oil and oil filter changes, based on your BMW’s Condition Service (CBS) system.

As always, all work is performed at our authorized BMW Center, by BMW Trained-Technicians, using only Original BMW Engine Oil.

CONTACT US TO ENSURE YOU QUALIFY FOR ENROLLMENT.
Schedule Now
Center Exclusive:
$199 FOR 3 YEARS
BMW ULTIMATE CARE OIL SERVICES PLAN
• 3 years of unlimited oil and oil filter changes based on your BMW’s Condition Based Service (CBS) system
• Removal of oil filter and replacement with Original BMW Oil Filter
• Removal of used motor oil and replacement with premium synthetic BMW Engine Oil
Offer only for vehicles that have reached 60 months or 60,000 miles. Offer must be presented at the time of write-up. One offer per customer. Offer cannot be used with any other specials, promotions, or offer. No cash value and is not retroactive. Plus tax if applicable.

*The BMW Ultimate Care Oil Services plan includes unlimited oil and oil filter changes for three years for $199.00 plus taxes and disposal fees where applicable. Unlimited oil services included are based upon the associated BMW vehicle Condition Based Service (CBS) system. Available for all BMW vehicles that have reached 60 months or 60,000 miles and have no current Ultimate Care+ coverage. Plan is available for purchase once BMW vehicle has reached 54 months and has current BMW Ultimate Care Scheduled or BMW Ultimate Care+2 coverage. All work is carried out by BMW-Trained Technicians using Original BMW Parts, which come with a two-year unlimited mileage limited warranty. Warranty repairs do not constitute an extension of the original limited warranty period for the vehicle or a part thereof. Program pricing subject to change.
  • Like 1

We can't even get reasonably priced parts via BMW NZ. Double the price and slower shipping than just ordering yourself from overseas stores. 

Also they do 1 year oil change intervals in the US, 2 year in NZ and rest of the world. So we'd get one or 2 oil changes out of that . Which is probably still cheaper than what they'd charge here for one.

I guess their failures keep our great indi's operating.

"Unlimited changes based on CBS"... find a 300,000 km+ BMW and sign it up... they'll do an oil change, can't reset the service light, as soon as you drive it out it will need another oil change... perpetual cycle because of their anti-consumer practices.

I'd like to see how they responded to that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, M3AN said:

"Unlimited changes based on CBS"... find a 300,000 km+ BMW and sign it up... they'll do an oil change, can't reset the service light, as soon as you drive it out it will need another oil change... perpetual cycle because of their anti-consumer practices.

I'd like to see how they responded to that.

Sorry sir these cars are not supposed to last this long, please chat to our finance dept to buy a new one :P

Checking carjam, my old E46 was still ticking along at over 313 884k kms with it's new owner as it passed a WOF in July last year... but it'll be a few months overdue now, so maybe that's the end of it :(

Tried allsorts to bring in customers of older vehicles in but the offers were very seldom taken up on. Even where I work now, (not BMW dealer) attempted to lure people in on recalls with $50 off next service. Only had 2 come back. 

When I had the CC, Giltrap's was rather good at taking care of my needs. cost was comparable to independents and frankly got better service. 

Also, MB has their fixed price servicing at their 3S centres for older cars, wonder if anyone has tried them?

I wonder if it is because the majority of BMW's on the road here are imports?
Trying to convince someone out of a poorly maintained import and into an expensive new BMW could be hard work.

• Like 1

What exactly is an "oil and filter check" ??? 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, aja540i said:

What exactly is an "oil and filter check" ??? 

I hope they mean change for that price

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, balancerider said:

I hope they mean change for that price

lol, imagine if it were just a check... 🤣

19 hours ago, M3AN said:

lol, imagine if it were just a check... 🤣

Similar thing happened to me in Auckland years back.  Took the 530d into North Shore BMW for a Winter Check up and they forgot to tell me all the things they had found wrong.  Including bald rear tyres.  I sent it in there because I didn't have time to check it myself.

Anyway we randomly won a $300 voucher for BMW merch right after we complained.

• Like 1

If you’re in Aucks then it might be worth checking with East Auckland BMW, they were doing some sharp fixed-price servicing to build their customer base.

• Like 1

In contrast my local dealer has been pretty good over the years. Took the car in for a transmission fault code one time to be checked out (so just diagnostics) and they drove me to work in a b58 340i, guessing that would be the next step from a 335i. (also wass picked up form work when my car was ready). So no complaints there haha. 

Also I needed a new crank shaft and it was cheaper at the dealer than anywere else. I even tried direct from BMW Germany.  

But I do agree most other parts can be costly when compared to FCP Euro/Pelican parts/ECS Tuning etc. 

17 hours ago, Driftit said:

Similar thing happened to me in Auckland years back.  Took the 530d into North Shore BMW for a Winter Check up and they forgot to tell me all the things they had found wrong.  Including bald rear tyres.  I sent it in there because I didn't have time to check it myself.

Anyway we randomly won a $300 voucher for BMW merch right after we complained.

It’s not obvious to you when you have two bald rear tyres on a car with that much torque? 

They should tell you, yes. But come on... you should also know. 

5 minutes ago, NZ BMW said:

It’s not obvious to you when you have two bald rear tyres on a car with that much torque? 

They should tell you, yes. But come on... you should also know. 

I didn't drive that car.  Was the wifes car.  The tyres should have lasted longer than they did so it was quite unexpected (deteriorated quickly no doubt from towing a race car).  As I said I didn't have time to check the car so took advantage of an offer for a pro to check it over.  They failed to actually tell us what was wrong.  I think there was a small coolant leak somewhere too.  The WOF shop notified us of the bald tyres.