Sign in to follow this  
qube

3 Pedal 130

Aaaaaand another 1 

lots of things to fix up but should be good once its done 

Want to change the shift knob as the leather is quite worn. The silver m performance ones any good? 

DE491A4A-F009-4703-96D0-55724C1C1721.jpeg

162ED541-7A87-491A-8A9E-F343FDA3C557.jpeg

A5600BC3-6514-4DDC-BBF1-38EA91BFE8AD.jpeg

139340FA-5C6C-405B-8E78-0D333E1B6667.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

On 4/28/2021 at 7:25 PM, qube said:

Want to change the shift knob as the leather is quite worn. The silver m performance ones any good? 

If you're talking about the ones I think you are, I put one in my car (along with the M performance short shift kit), and I did like it but it is really small in the hand so not to everyone's taste. I then changed to one of the "ZHP" style weighted knobs, but from a 1M coupe and that actually feels way nicer to me. I sold the old M performance knob to @NZ_InFerno and don't think he was convinced by it either??

• Like 1

Yeah, the BMW Performance shifter looks really nice, especially with aluminium trim kit. 

But it's quite small in hand compared to the standard shifter. Feels like a child's toy. I've gotten used to it but would definitely take a stock one over it in terms of shift feel. 

One of these days I'll order the zhp but I'm barely driving my car atm. 

I think I am also leaning towards the ZHP weighted knob over the silver m performance one. I didnt realise until I pulled out the stock one that it is actually quite heavy already!

I dont even mind the stock one but the leather is quite worn which is why i want to replace it.

Bloody hell, didn't even see that for sale, would have snapped it up.

I can't stand the shape of the factory one, so the ZHP or MPerf knobs are the ticket - just comes down to your preference.

A left field choice would be the illuminated 6spd E60 M5 knob. Drill a hole through the plastic gear boot locating ring and thread the wires through, then tap into the brown and blue wires in the centre console.

• Like 1

I had a ZHP knob in my E36 and it was a bloody nice knob to handle. Good weight, shape and feel. A+ want one for every car.

I have a Billetworkz knob I like.

These guys have some real tasty knobs IMO, if you can handle a 3rd party logo on your knob.

https://blackforestindustries.com/collections/bmw-shift-knobs

Edit: They do the BMW manual insets as well, damn might get one myself haha

Edited by Sammo

I can get either the ZHP or whichever knob easily enough but having a hard time finding an alcantara boot to fit the E87 RHD :ph34r:

1 hour ago, qube said:

I can get either the ZHP or whichever knob easily enough but having a hard time finding an alcantara boot to fit the E87 RHD :ph34r:

Could be worth asking these guys - I think this is where I got my Alcantara ones - they only had auto boot listings with a different stitch but were able to make what I wanted no problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133471973647?hash=item1f138cb10f:g:J2sAAOSwK2VfhTdk

Looks like they have an E87 manual boot in leather listed, but only auto boots in alcantara - sure they could do manual alcantara.

Edited by Sammo