Sign in to follow this  
Brianr70

2011 X1 2 litre twin turbo?

Would anyone have any experience with a 2L twin turbo X1? any known issues? is the engine same as in the ye olde 1 series? ie 120i.

15 minutes ago, Brianr70 said:

Would anyone have any experience with a 2L twin turbo X1? any known issues? is the engine same as in the ye olde 1 series? ie 120i.

Are you talking about petrol or diesel engine?

Mainly petrol - seen 1 or 2L twin turbo petrol  advertised ...was wondering if this petrol engine is the same as in the normally aspirated X1 2L? 

They are only single turbo. Twinpower turbo refers to the twin scroll turbo that they use i think. The engines themselves aren't too bad. They can be a bit noisy and have the usual BMW oil leaks and coolant leaks. They're not the same engine as the normally aspirated ones

Great thanks for the info 👍

Twin power = turbo + vanos

4 hours ago, Brianr70 said:

Mainly petrol - seen 1 or 2L twin turbo petrol  advertised ...was wondering if this petrol engine is the same as in the normally aspirated X1 2L? 

They're the N20 - same engine / state of tune as the F3x 320i and have the ZF 8 speed gearbox too. Nothing amazing but they go ok and have decent economy.

• Like 1

We had one, was rattly as hell, had 100k on it. Went ok, not a powerhouse. Fuel economy was ok. Ours was 4wd also

• Like 1