Sign in to follow this  
Ninjaspartan

Meth Help Wanted

Hi all, 

Looking for any recomenations on water/methanol kits. In particular something suited for a 335i n54. 

Any experiance on what has worked in the past for this platform (or in general) and what kits/brands to avoid would be much appriciated. 

Cheers
Jordan

Might want to edit the title. I was concerned for a minute haha. 

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Michael. said:

Might want to edit the title. I was concerned for a minute haha. 

Haha, well I do want help with meth. 

A few years ago I looked at all the then available water/meth kits, and ended up installing an AQUAMIST HSF-3 setup on my 1600cc Corolla. Probably a bit of an overkill but I was running a twinscrew S/C without an intercooler, so needed something that would track injector duty cycle. As it happens Aquamist have the best hardware and arguably the best controller for W/M injection. Their components are a work of art... all manufactured in house and not bulk purchased from the local hardware or irrigation shop.

I ran two nozzles, one just after the S/C and one just before the intake manifold. Took a while to learn how to get it working properly and the only real problem I had was getting the flow rate down low enough for such a small engine. The HSF-4 kit is said to be the one to use on direct injection engines, and you can read a bit about it in the link to Aquamist Direct. The diagram shows the major system components. Depending on how serious you want to be, you can just run a single nozzle  (maybe two if you have an aftermarket charge pipe with two bungs) and take your chances with equal distribution to the cylinders. Or you can go all out with port injection if you are pushing the limits.

Aquamist have a decent forum and having a browse there will be educational. A BM is obviously on a different scale to a Corolla but the principles are essentially the same. For charge cooling I used 50/50 water/meth by volume, which gives 44% meth by weight and makes measuring easy. Or you can mix 440ml of water plus 560ml meth for 50% meth w/w. That's probably enough to get you started :D

Cheers...

http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-400-direct-port-bundle-options-2-4-weeks/

821134400.gif

Edited by jon dee
Typo...
  • Like 1

Cheers for the Info John.

Was just thinking of having something simple to start with. Will check out the Aquamist kits.

There are a lot of systems on the market, most of them coming out of the USA where bolt-on superchargers have become a big thing in recent years. Every manufacturer claims that their system is the best and most of them will do a reasonable job. The differences are mainly in the way the mix is atomised, how many safeguards there are and how the rate of injection is varied to allow the flow rate to increase as the boost increases.

If you want something simple , There is one system used by rotary guys in Aussi that originally just used water and applied boost pressure to the container to force the water out a nozzle into the intake. I think that it has got a bit more sophisticated now, but in my book simple is always best.

Read about it here... http://riceracing.com.au/water-injection.htm

Cheers...

image.png.f5b19d5fb01b0731b40dd24a10d85836.png

• Like 1

These work a treat, i have countless customers using them from strip to drift.
Running through the turbo intake and running eth erodes the cooler out, meth and ally are not good friends.
Free Hp as such, but don't rely on it to cover DET get it tuned right without it, you should pick up easy 50+hp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264980791794?epid=1559609774&hash=item3db21601f2:g:8iEAAOSwUmhf2~qI

• Like 1

20 hours ago, No name user said:

These work a treat, i have countless customers using them from strip to drift.
Running through the turbo intake and running eth erodes the cooler out, meth and ally are not good friends.
Free Hp as such, but don't rely on it to cover DET get it tuned right without it, you should pick up easy 50+hp

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264980791794?epid=1559609774&hash=item3db21601f2:g:8iEAAOSwUmhf2~qI

Cheers, yeah would be getting a revision of the tune for sure to make the most out of the setup. 

• Like 1