Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

Discuss

I have a one word response (other than these words, this is directed at the vendor)

pfffft.

If you’ve seen ‘the castle’ 

you know the quote that goes here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stunning car, perfect colour, beautiful interi....what is wrong with that centre console?!!?

Stunning. I think the SMG is cool in these - just for the fact that it's rarer. The price is nuts though.

1 hour ago, andrewm said:

If you’ve seen ‘the castle’ 

you know the quote that goes here.

Brilliant mate.

• Like 1

SMG would automatically rule me out...

See what I did there? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Allanw said:

SMG would automatically rule me out...

See what I did there? 🤣

Good one.. .and I agree fully.  If it doesn't have a clutch pedal it isn't worth owning.  No only for the purity of it but also because when the SMG goes wrong (and it will) it will cost you thousands... it is unnecessary technology.

I can fully agree that the price is nuts... it is perhaps a bit optimistic.  A nearly identical car (with real manual) sold for (scratching head/thinking) around $32k (or was it 37) a few months ago.  I was giving it serious consideration but then it was sold. 

I'm on the fence as to if the SMG makes it more or less valuable...less to me but perhaps more to some else.  If this car had less than, say, 50,000kms on it, the price would be far more realistic.  

It's a great colour combo...

Love to know what they paid out on the trade... 

I often wonder if a dealer trades cars like this for a lot less than the price we see here (obviously). They stick it up for $49K to see if anyone bites and wants to negotiate. If they don’t shift it within a few months, they push it off to another dealer or auction and still pick up their trade and a bit of margin. 

Interesting, I certainly don't think it's worth that much. The SMG in these is pretty agricultural, it's a drag on value, not an enhancement.

It has the absolute worst interior options ticked with a black over grey dash and white plastics, that's a hard no for me.

Edited by M3AN

1 minute ago, M3AN said:

Interesting, I certainly don't think it's worth that much. The SMG in these is pretty agricultural, it's a drag on value, not an enhancement.

It has the absolute worst interior options ticked with a black over grey dash and plastics, that's a hard no for me.

Isn't it funny.. I much prefer that interior over all black

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Isn't it funny.. I much prefer that interior over all black

Are you including the leather in that sentiment? If so I agree.

What I don't like is when all of the plastic or plasticised surfaces are different colours. I have Lotus White leather but all my plastics - dash, console, seat surrounds etc are black. Perfect for my taste.

RHSsm.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NZ BMW said:

Love to know what they paid out on the trade... 

I often wonder if a dealer trades cars like this for a lot less than the price we see here (obviously). They stick it up for $49K to see if anyone bites and wants to negotiate. If they don’t shift it within a few months, they push it off to another dealer or auction and still pick up their trade and a bit of margin. 

If only it were that easy... 

• Like 1

I quite like the two tone dash. Good to see at 50k you still get a sagging glove box lid 🤣

For that price I would expect about half as many Ks, and for the front bumper to have been resprayed so it isnt covered in stone chips. Its nice, but its not THAT nice, especially with SMG1.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:21 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

If only it were that easy... 

It is just retail after all. 

• Like 2

I’m just trying to think of another type of goods where part exchange (UK) or Trade in (NZ) is common place? Struggling to think of anything outside the automotive sector, possibly farm machinery, diggers, etc but kind of linked.

What people think their trade is worth is always an absolute minefield.

Only thing i could think it could be applied to is consumer electronics. Can't think of much else that's upgraded before its worn out. But as there isn't always a lot of value in trade in phones, tablets, laptops, etc I can't see it working like it does with cars?

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I’m just trying to think of another type of goods where part exchange (UK) or Trade in (NZ) is common place? Struggling to think of anything outside the automotive sector, possibly farm machinery, diggers, etc but kind of linked.

What people think their trade is worth is always an absolute minefield.

Its only ever the cash difference to change. Irrespective if its property or a car, or a digger or whatever. The New Zealanders get sooo hung up on the figure they need to get for their car that this point is lost in the transaction.

Edited by Bandit
sp.
  • Like 1

Yup, exactly. Most want to go for the whole trifecta, discount on the new purchase, over-valuation of their car then interest free credit for the changeover!!

Ridiculously, this has been listed as Automatic so doesn't show up in my standard trademe search for Manual BMWs... not great marketing.

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

Ridiculously, this has been listed as Automatic so doesn't show up in my standard trademe search for Manual BMWs... not great marketing.

Would you rather it was listed as a Manual? 😂

*pulls on fire suit*

I was going to say why isnt there a category for smg/dct type transmissions but then I remembered how good people are at trademe. 

If you’ve ever tried to search for a ‘station wagon’ you will understand as you trawl through 90% SUV’s and people movers, most of which arent even dual listed.