Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

Headlight Gasket for 2008 e92 335i

Just noticed that I am missing this part from my left headlight. It's a rubber strip that  sits on top of the headlight glass and is held in place by two plastic clips that slot into brackets molded into the bodywork above the light. I guess it is a gasket to keep rainwater from flooding thru the gap between the front edge of the hood and the light.

The BMW part number is 63 11 7 174 517. I'm guessing that it is common to the e91, e92 and e93 335i and possibly  to other 3-series cars. If anyone has one lying about that they are prepared to part with or sell, please let me know. Wellington area is good but happy to pay postage.

EDIT: According to RealOEM this part is found on all variants, so 320, 325, 330 etc.

Part 63117174517 was found on the following vehicles:

Cheers...

headlight trim 01.png

headlight trim 02.png

headlight trim 03.png

Edited by jon dee
More input Stephanie...

BUMP... still after one of these if anyone is breaking an e90, e92 or e93.

Cheers...

headlight gasket 3.jpg

Hi Jon, I was just browsing Facebook Marketplace and there is a number of E9x breaking. Maybe worth a shot. Mostly up in Auckland. 

Thanks... good call. I don't facebook since they cancelled my account, but I can use the wife's account in an emergency :)

Cheers...