Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Chip

E30

Looking at what’s out there since prices are going astronomical. Must have wof (or at least close to having a wof) and reg, non sunroof, straight body, minimal to nil rust, and AC  (preferably one that blows cold 😂). Outside of that, fair game for all, project car or not. Cheers!

Edited by Ghost Chip
Expanded my horizon

My one I offered you ticks all those boxes but with what you want to spend, you'd need to be looking at 4 door sedans only. Does it have to be a coupe? 

• Like 1

There been a nice looking 325i sedan with G240 and 2.8 stroker on FB Marketplace for a while at $14k - not sure why it hasn't sold TBH - on BBS reps, leather sports seats and comes with spare parts - good value in these crazy times IMO.

325i manual 2 door is what I would love too (if I could ever part with the E46) but you would be bringing $15-20K plus another $10k for maintenance and mods these days to have something really nice.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:23 PM, Ghost Chip said:

Looking at what’s out there since prices are going astronomical. Must have wof (or at least close to having a wof) and reg, non sunroof, straight body, minimal to nil rust, and AC  (preferably one that blows cold 😂). Outside of that, fair game for all, project car or not. Cheers!

Whats your budget @Ghost Chip?

Realistically I’d rather pay for anything less than 15k and build it up rather than pay for a really tidy example. Really prefer coupes but if it comes with other options would consider sedan - just changed the title to reflect that now. I understand that that budget rules out most e30s, but feel free to send me tidy examples that you think are outside my budget so I can drool at it instead haha 🤤

15 hours ago, Sammo said:

@Southerner you selling the red 2 door? 😳

Not a chance! Although the black E36 M3 that was recently on here did make my mind flutter briefly!

I just have another coupe thats dead rego unfortunately, realistically is abit of work to some extent and being other end of the country would blow its value as such out of the water,

15k is a realistic budget to get a tidy one, can then build up some nice things on it. Sort of the way i went with mine, purchased the full poverty pack as was intending of pulling it all out anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southerner said:

Not a chance! Although the black E36 M3 that was recently on here did make my mind flutter briefly!

I just have another coupe thats dead rego unfortunately, realistically is abit of work to some extent and being other end of the country would blow its value as such out of the water,

15k is a realistic budget to get a tidy one, can then build up some nice things on it. Sort of the way i went with mine, purchased the full poverty pack as was intending of pulling it all out anyway

I studied down south so have a few friends that I can ask favours from. Would be keen to hear out what it needs done to be road legal.

@Ghost Chip I know you were also looking at E36.

this is priced on the high side but looks pretty special and IMO, well worth it:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3104481518.htm

Rare colour, seems immaculate, tastefully modified - stunning.

Edited by Sammo

11 minutes ago, Sammo said:

this is priced on the high side but looks pretty special and IMO, well worth it:

Stunning indeed. You'd have to be nuts to consider any E30 on TM currently over this gem.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sammo said:

@leichtbau she is certainly a temptress!

Wrong fuel type

Wrong number of doors

Wrong decade

And yet here I am hovering over that buy now 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

Yeah, I’ve actually talked to this guy already before he listed it. He’s related to someone on here. I think I may have offended him by offering too much of a low amount. It’s a pretty tidy car though, and definitely is miles better than all the e30 on TM right now. My stupid mind is thinking that as soon as I buy that, I’ll find an e30 that I’d like better. Realising how absurd my thinking is right now.

• Like 1

While a little on the high side for an e36, it does have the good mods done to it. Buy the e36. 

If an e30 with your specs pops up, for the same price as the e36, you'd have to fight 10 other people for it. 

I would expect you would need another $10k to get an E30 in that kind of condition, from pics it looks like one of the cleanest non M E36 I’ve seen.

Oh I totally understand that’s the case for both your comments. I did try to buy it, offer was just too low for him. I’ve gotten in contact with him again with a higher offer - so far no replies 😅

On 5/22/2021 at 8:13 PM, Sammo said:

This sold. All the ragrets 😆

• Like 1

Yeah, expected it to go pretty quick.

While price was highish, I’ve not seen an E36 in that kind of condition in a long time.

Hopefully happens when I eventually sell my E46 😬

• Like 1

@Gaz I’ve been talking to the guy about it, needs some work interior and definitely exterior but definitely is in the cards. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Ghost Chip