Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

E91 320d - cheap / broken?

very tempting!

25 minutes ago, Olaf said:

very tempting!

Hmmmm...worth it just for the hanging beads surely?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olaf said:

very tempting!

would be a super update to your 325i...same colour even! (drinking from the devil's pump though...)

8 hours ago, balancerider said:

Doesn't look like it's been totally neglected

There’s not a lot of things going for this car to my eyes, pre-LCI, non-M Sport, meh wheels. As for condition the front bumper is badly chipped and scuffed, frosted headlights, would wonder what’s under the seat covers. Fault could be anything from simple fix to major surgery.

Anything sold through the “trade-in clearance centre” is unlikely to have been well maintained. Potential money-pit in my humble opinion.

Pros- it’s a wagon, it’s diesel and it’s got a tow bar.

• Like 2

@E30 325i Rag-Top it's likely to sell fairly cheap due to unfashionable fuel type and it has an N47 rather than the M47 in it. colour is ok IMO. it's had a wheel alignment at some point (according to windscreen stickers anyway) so better than 90% of cars on NZ roads!

For me - as @E30 325i Rag-Top Jon, Trade In Clearance Centre isn't a great start for any car, the risks would have to be qualified.   

Those beads, though.  Wow, hard to let them go!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Anything sold through the “trade-in clearance centre” is unlikely to have been well maintained. 

Lol not quite, it means it was already buggered enough when they got it that the dealer that traded it didn't want to deal with it, so off to trade in clearance it went. 

When I worked at a dealer all our bottom barrel tradeins went there. The stuff with a list of work needed as long as your arm. Usually the car turned up on trademe later the same day it went to trade in clearance, so you can be damn sure none of that work got done. 

At a later job we would always dread seeing those plate frames because you knew the moment it entered the workshop it would be a clusterf**k, and it usually was. 

I'd avoid it based on the plate frames alone. 

Could work out to be a good buy at that price, if you are handy on the tools and the problems are an easy enough fix.