Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

WTB: E60 M5 (maybe M6)

I've obviously seen what available online but if anyone knows of anything else I'd appreciate a heads up. Alternatively if we know anything of the cars online (maybe the owners are on here) please let me know.

I'm in Kapiti but am willing to travel and I have cash in hand.

I know all about the potential downsides to an S85 so priority goes to something well looked after. That doesn't mean it has to have had the bearings or vanos taken care of, I'm prepared to maintain anything I buy.

Any colour combination will be considered except for white. I don't do white cars.

Still looking.

Tempted by E39 M5's as well.

Everything will be on trademe I expect... you'd be silly not to appeal to the masses.

There's a guy I see that frequents Oasis coffee with an M6 vert - tobacco interior. Very nice. No idea if it's for sale but.

I would think that silver one on trademe for 35k is a go provided no alarm bells on closer inspection.

It’s only going to get harder to get a low mileage one. Nice and original is the way to go.

Nice and original is what I prefer @Inthegarage I'm kicking myself for not moving faster on one in the SI a couple of weeks ago. Live and learn.

As with the wrapped one @treone I think $35k+ is over priced to be honest. The silver one has sat around for a couple of months now.  It has everything I want, but I'd prefer to spend up to $25k and have the maintenance work done myself so I know exactly what's been done.

• Like 1

There's a blue F10 M5 I've seen around Kapiti @Blackie but he's recently upped the price from $40k to $55k. I still see the Daytona Violet E34 M5 cruising around Waikanae, wonder what that would go for now?

18 hours ago, Gaz said:

There a $21k one on Facebook done about 180km from Westport or somewhere close. I'll try find it

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/280543803768164/

Screenshot_20210611-191727_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3f3c9f899469f14a5d4703518f6135e5.jpg

I think that one's on trademe too. Has some nice exterior bits on it. Rear boot spoiler adds a nice touch I think.

That's an awful lot of car for 21k, surely you could pay that, drive it for a couple of years, and then get your money back? 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:34 PM, treone said:

I'm wondering *why* one would feel compelled to lower one of these.  It's not like you need to lower its centre of gravity to improve the handling on touring roads in any meaningful way.  Plus *let's unleash 507hp on Goodrides!!!*  😱

47 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I'm wondering *why* one would feel compelled to lower one of these.  It's not like you need to lower its centre of gravity to improve the handling on touring roads in any meaningful way.  Plus *let's unleash 507hp on Goodrides!!!*  😱

Forget the lowering, why on earth would you wrap it in that awful orange?

The Greymouth one has it's problems. It's location, the lack of service history and the fact it's had 10 owners in 7 years. I'd probably strip the kit to be honest and I'm not fussed on the wheels. If it was a couple of hours drive away I'd take a look to better evaluate the risk but as it stands it's not something I'm prepared to chase.

Having said all that it the drive back would be epic having done it over the New Year in the 535d.

Don't get me started on the wrapped one, what were they thinking ? Have they upped the price since it went on ? The silver one has definitely had $2k added to it this weekend.

I understand the rarity of the touring, and being rare adds value, but not $25k+ over a saloon. If I needed a touring I might be interested at $30-35k, but I don't, so I'm not.

Keep them coming though. I've tried contacting a couple on FB but neither are replying, so they've either sold or cant be bothered.

Sold mine too cheap at $20k it seems!

• Haha 1

I would've bought it at your asking price sight unseen but it was just a couple of months too early for me.

Am I right in thinking it was at a dealers shortly after for more money and sold again pretty quickly or am I thinking of another one ?

This car: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/804301937151586/

image.thumb.png.986944a492e2ebb0743e860652c15c98.png

I spoke to the Danz Miller guy on the phone, if you'd like I can PM you his mobile number as he can be somewhat difficult to get a hold of. The car is as of friday 'waiting for a part' with relation to the brakes. The carjam report shows the ownership has changed 3 times this year which is a little odd.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/841894590037351/

Another Indianapolis with multiple owners this year and also ex Albany... I've seen this car in person, it looks in fine fettle, and looks awesome on the Work Wheels and also has a very fruity exhaust.

I really like Indianapolis (the tan interior not so much) but having multiple owners in a year, being difficult to get hold of and selling whilst it's waiting for parts doesn't install me with too much confidence.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:48 AM, balancerider said:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/313378803

Pricing is wildly optimistic but at 35k I'd probably be interested...

$58k on TM but $48k on FB. I know TM fees are high, but not that high.

@martyyyn we are not selling ours, I have spent already 50% of the purchase price in replacing a lot of major parts.  However since you are just in Kapiti if you want to have a look one up close as a reference when you look at other M5.  We can meet somewhere, or organize a mini-meet of M5 E60 (there are 3 of us in Wellington from what I know).  Before we purchased ours, I was lucky enough an M5 was being sold in our suburb that had a new clutch.  So looked at that really well, and drove it for a short distance.  After that is was much easier to justifying flying to Christchurch picking 1 of 4 M5 on sale on the same dealer.  I test driven 2 of them in the dealer, our wasn't the best in term of clutch feel but I picked ours because of it's condition and options it had.  I had a feeling at that time 53+k kms it had the original clutch, which eventually was right (replaced clutch + most thing in the drive train at 61k kms). 

Getting the right options and best condition is pretty hard, some luck involved.  Also a lot of helpful people around here, helped me a lot in our hunt.

Here is my thread when I was looking for one.  Maybe some of the post there is still useful, estimated cost of parts/service in NZ (add about 25% for todays prices).  If you can get yours from a dealer, try your best a MBI deal.  That was useful for me, as the MBI paid 2/3 of our rod bearing repair bill.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, martyyyn said:

Any colour combination will be considered except for white. I don't do white cars.

@leichtbau unfortunately it seems this can't be an option :rolleyes:

One thing to note most if not all NZ New actually is not as optioned out compared to import models.

22 hours ago, leichtbau said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/3149679262

Kiwi new, updated post 03/07 production door cards, center console design, correct E60 spec ET28 style 167 rear wheels, headlights and taillights, AND top spec Individual audio system.

Believe me I have looked at it a dozen times wondering if I could get over my aversion to white and each time I remember the state it will be the moment it comes out of the garage. We've had five years of roadworks between Kapiti and Porirua and they aren't going to end anytime soon.

Our cars are all caked in tar no matter what I do to protect them, all stone chipped to hell and we've had multiple new windscreens on each car.