Sign in to follow this  
leichtbau

Tidyish E36 325i

I mean you can tell it is mint, but if a dealer wants to put a $20k price tag on a 325i auto, regardless of kms, they could at least do a paint correction on it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soon we’ll have to start an ‘Is this where the e36 market is’ thread

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, E28E30 said:

Hey @Ghost Chip maybe start here instead  and change the gearbox out? 😹 

No thanks! There was a very tidy and well maintained 328i manual that sold for 14k. Heck there was a well maintained 4dr e30 325i auto that didn’t sell at the same price.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

Did they have 25xxx km on the clock though?

That old chestnut. Whats it been doing all these years of not being used? How many hours are on the engine? Whats the service history like, have all the perished rubber bits been replaced?

Low KM is a have use by sellers to ask higher prices from people that want bragging rights.

• Like 4

+1 Jatco

Yep, sold. I bought it. It’s in as new condition. Sure, you can buy a “tidy” one for around 10k with 100,000km on it but I would rather spend and extra $9,000 for one that’s literally in “as new” condition with 25,000km on the clock. You won’t find a nicer one. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cab said:

Yep, sold. I bought it. It’s in as new condition. Sure, you can buy a “tidy” one for around 10k with 100,000km on it but I would rather spend and extra $9,000 for one that’s literally in “as new” condition with 25,000km on the clock. You won’t find a nicer one. 

Great car well bought Rowan. Cars in this condition are only original once 🙂 Never mind throwing money into restoring a shabby car, they are not quite the same as the original when finished.

Edited by Bandit
sp
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arron said:

Was the 325 manual atleast?

Pretty sure it was an auto. Fair enough though, to each their own. The saying “it’s worth what someone else is willing to pay for it” works here I guess. Congrats on the purchase @Cab

• Like 1

Definitely auto, and as @Eagle mentioned, probably the dreaded Jatco being a jap import.

I'm with @Ghost Chip, not what I would buy for the money, but as long as @Cab is happy thats all that matters. Should be a nice car once its had paint correction and a manual swap.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Arron said:

Or this one 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1150576405419164/

have always thought the seller was on drugs, maybe not 🤔

Call me sceptical, but I have trouble trusting these super low KM jap imports. Even my JDM E36 with 88K on the clock looked mint inside and out but drove like a complete bag. All the bushes were perished and the Jatco shat the bed shortly after i bought it and put it into regular use.

47 minutes ago, KwS said:

Call me sceptical, but I have trouble trusting these super low KM jap imports. Even my JDM E36 with 88K on the clock looked mint inside and out but drove like a complete bag. All the bushes were perished and the Jatco shat the bed shortly after i bought it and put it into regular use.

OK, sceptical😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arron said:

Someone will also be in the market for the is then…

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/437888444166747/

Was the 325 manual atleast?

Yeah but look at them, they look like crap 😂. I’m the type of person who would drop $20k on a low mileage example (because I did), but wouldn’t look twice at either of those. Big difference between a cared for, garaged, supermarket trip once a week example and one that’s sat outside deserted for 20 years. Apples and oranges. 

Also, In regards to a paint correction needing doing, it must have been done recently because it’s spotless. 

Anyways! I’ll take proper photos and put up a showroom thread sometime this coming week. 

Cheers 

Edited by Cab
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Cab said:

Yeah but look at them, they look like crap 😂. I’m the type of person who would drop $20k on a low mileage example (because I did), but wouldn’t look twice at either of those. Big difference between a cared for, garaged, supermarket trip once a week example and one that’s sat outside deserted for 20 years. Apples and oranges. 

Also, I’m regards to a paint correction needing doing, it must have been done recently because it’s spotless. 

Anyways! I’ll take proper photos and put up a showroom thread sometime this coming week. 

Cheers 

If paint’s not due, surely a manual swap? Or are you planning to just keep it bone stock.

You'd have to really love the e36 to spend upwards of 10k on one considering you could get a considerably more modern e46 or e8/9x with low km's in manual for far less than 20k, and they're all superior vehicles, vastly in some cases.

I'm not sure paying for nostalgia, for anything other than an M-car, is wise money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

If paint’s not due, surely a manual swap? Or are you planning to just keep it bone stock.

Have a set of 18” M-Pars coming, will do coilovers at the same time. 

Will manual convert later in the year and once that’s done I’ll just do stainless headers and exhaust. Don’t want to stray too far away from factory unless I can put original parts back on easily. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M3AN said:

You'd have to really love the e36 to spend upwards of 10k on one considering you could get a considerably more modern e46 or e8/9x with low km's in manual for far less than 20k, and they're all superior vehicles, vastly in some cases.

I'm not sure paying for nostalgia, for anything other than an M-car, is wise money.

Not superior in style. Older the better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cab said:

Have a set of 18” M-Pars coming, will do coilovers at the same time.

Set of ltw's coming up for sale?

On 6/12/2021 at 6:46 PM, M3AN said:

If anything it looks like non m is closing the gap recently.