Sign in to follow this  
dirtydoogle

Importing from the UK

How many of you have personal experience with bringing a car in?
A friend of mine is going to be traveling to the UK to visit family and we are planning to get them a Yaris GR, and bring it home after 6 or so months under the PES scheme.

Has anyone got any useful contacts or advice?

TIA

There’s quite a few threads around on this topic have a search for those.

I’ve personally brought in three cars, but all were quite a while ago, it was quite straightforward if you read up on what was needed - NZTA web-site was very useful, plus talking to your local compliance guys to get them on-board.

Rules are a bit tougher now, but a new Yaris should be fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

My Boss wants to bring in a 1998 911 Targa from Shropshire. i see fun times ahead. 

Please not a 996!

6 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There’s quite a few threads around on this topic have a search for those.

I’ve personally brought in three cars, but all were quite a while ago, it was quite straightforward if you read up on what was needed - NZTA web-site was very useful, plus talking to your local compliance guys to get them on-board.

Rules are a bit tougher now, but a new Yaris should be fine.

Aware of the basics and info online. Just never hurts to ask if anyone experienced has tips, looks like 2 cars will be coming back 

Returning recently from the UK we bought a couple of vehicles in.

It's pretty straightforward, as folks have said. Choose a good UK exporter who understands NZ and can manage the requirements. Make sure the quote includes delivery to your compliance folks here in NZ, don't pack anything else in the car (saves any associated issues), keep ALL documentation in physical and electronic form.

As you're in NZ I would also recommend you have a chat with the people who will do your compliance. They can give you a lot of pointers.

• Like 1

How did I miss this thread?  Where did you end up @dirty doogle - Yaris GR sourced?  What a cool project.  A little more 'fun' with the whole global cycle of Covid...

We have two circuit pack GRs, and a DB9 on the boat now 👍 The Aston should arrive next month 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1