Sign in to follow this  
Harper

AW on M tex E46 M3

On 6/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, Harper said:

F2AT is the option code for the m texture interior. This will be the 6th one in NZ afaik. But this will be the only one still on the road that's factory specced (sort of). One other m3 running around with this interior but it is not factory specced. Rays old LSB. 

Which I now own!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Autoglym said:

Which I now own!!

Very jealous, mint car have seen it in person. Until this white one shows up yours might be the only m3 on the road atm with a full m tex interior as far as I know 👍. Mine is still half m tex and half black leather as I source the final pieces to restore it to OEM. 

Edited by Harper

49 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Are you kidding?? A different one! 

It's not like these are common either. I don't know how many worldwide were made but I know there were only 20 made for the states in AW on Mtex. Even fewer without a sunroof. Who knows how many were made RHD for the rest of the world but not many (Just had a look and a total of 69 AW on M tex cars were made RHD worldwide, not sure how many had no sunroof). To see two get imported in 2 weeks is very surprising...

Edited by Harper

17 minutes ago, Harper said:

Are you kidding?? A different one! 

It's not like these are common either. I don't know how many worldwide were made but I know there were only 20 made for the states in AW on Mtex. Even fewer without a sunroof. Who knows how many were made RHD for the rest of the world but not many. To see two get imported in 2 weeks is very surprising...

Na its the same one

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Na its the same one

Doesn't appear to be. Different wheels, different rear valence, different model year, different nav system, different japanese plate.

Edited by Harper

What's up with that headunit? 🤔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, M3AN said:

What's up with that headunit? 🤔

Its so disgusting even the car is trying to eject it out of the dash

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have read through all the replies and googled my heart out can someone please explain what M tex means?

Edited by Simca

32 minutes ago, Simca said:

I have read through all the replies and googled my heart out can someone please explain what M tex means?

short for M-Texture Alcantara Interior. Rare interior option available for E46 M3 coupes. Also was an option for E46 clubsport but only on the seats I believe. It is just a neat perforated alcantara layered fabric that was an option in place of the leather on the door cards and the leather inserts on the seats. Photo of my M texture door cards for reference:

20210629_160317.thumb.jpg.81adf8524a95e76af794793bc213dc9d.jpg

20210629_163712.jpg

Edited by Harper
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Harper said:

short for M-Texture Alcantara Interior. Rare interior option available for E46 M3 coupes. Also was an option for E46 clubsport but only on the seats I believe. It is just a neat perforated alcantara layered fabric that was an option in place of the leather on the door cards and the leather inserts on the seats. Photo of my M texture door cards for reference:

Never knew I’d fall in love with a door card

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Pics in quote.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

Never knew I’d fall in love with a door card

Yep its a real special interior. Probably my favourite thing about the car and I'm quite obsessive about it. Finding out production numbers/hunting down what remains of the original m tex cars in NZ etc. Mine was one of the few factory specced but was retrimmed (poorly) in black leather shortly after being imported to NZ. I have no idea why anyone would do such a thing. But when I discovered I committed to spending far too much money restoring it to original. Only thing I have yet to source is the rear seat.

@godmars_snakly311 This was linked earlier in the thread. You'd be really hard pressed the find an E46 M3 without a small repair somewhere on it. Depends how obvious it is. Mine definitely has it's fair share of battle scars. 

Will be interesting to see where these 2 end up in NZ. 

Edited by Harper