Sign in to follow this  
han16

New Member, New M5 owner

G'dday, new member here who's taken the E60 M5 plunge just recently.

The car is a 2008 BMW M5 and my focus will be bringing the car back to a factory look removing all of the BLACKKK stuff the previous owner/s have done.

IMG20210613133241.jpg

IMG20210613133301.jpg

• Like 9

ringing the car back to a factory look removing all of the BLACKKK stuff 

Nice. That was my first thought when I saw it. Keep us updated!

Good man.  Sold the S60R?  Saw it on TM a while ago and was tempted.

1 hour ago, leichtbau said:

I spy an Eisenmann exhaust, that’s gotta sound awesome!

It's loud, not sure I'll be keeping it. The car came with it's original mufflers.

16 minutes ago, GorGasm said:

Good man.  Sold the S60R?  Saw it on TM a while ago and was tempted.

Yep sold both the V70R and the S60R to the same guy, or should I say the father brought the V and his son brought the S.

• Like 4

Congrats on the M5! Have an E60 M5 myself and just had the rod bearings done - absolutely love it.

I'm a sad sack and track the M5 market so have seen this one come up for sale a cople of times. Love the individual interior on your vehicle - piano black trim plus light leather and headlining - very unusual! Nice to hear you're bringing it back to stock....

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, han16 said:

It's loud, not sure I'll be keeping it. The car came with it's original mufflers.

Welcome to the Rod Bearer Anonymous group :D  If it's Eisenmann Sport (not Race) I might be interested on it, especially if you can easily put back your originals (I want a revert back again).  Sometimes I find the E60 to be too quiet, but other times I like it quiet.  Maybe those flip switch exhaust cutout will be more suited for me.

I do like those Eisenmann tips shape, we have a factory fitted Eisenmann on our Cayenne... would be cool to have octo Eisenmann exhaust tips on the driveway B)

• Like 4

FYI I changed out my stock mufflers to straight through mufflers and it was too loud in the low RPM range and not loud enough up top.

Ended up with a fair bit of drone and a weird cyclic harmonic effect when cruising.  That and it didn't seem that loud when giving it stick.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jun said:

Welcome to the Rod Bearer Anonymous group :D  If it's Eisenmann Sport (not Race) I might be interested on it, especially if you can easily put back your originals (I want a revert back again).  Sometimes I find the E60 to be too quiet, but other times I like it quiet.  Maybe those flip switch exhaust cutout will be more suited for me.

I do like those Eisenmann tips shape, we have a factory fitted Eisenmann on our Cayenne... would be cool to have octo Eisenmann exhaust tips on the driveway B)

Funny you say that, the guy I brought the car from had a number of people asking to purchase the exhaust. Not sure if it's the Sport or Race system however.

20 hours ago, GorGasm said:

FYI I changed out my stock mufflers to straight through mufflers and it was too loud in the low RPM range and not loud enough up top.

Ended up with a fair bit of drone and a weird cyclic harmonic effect when cruising.  That and it didn't seem that loud when giving it stick.

In a moment of supreme idiocy (and 'I saw it on the internet') I muffler deleted my E60 545i and the drone almost made me physically ill. 🤮

• Haha 1

I’d be keen on it just to tuck away should you decide to sell it.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:46 AM, han16 said:

Can confirm, Eisenmann Race

Hehehe, it would sound great, but I think Race will be too noisy for me too.