Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

The M3 and the Mercedes that helped create it

Fantastic and interesting video IMO.

• Like 6

The E46 M3 is peak M3? Well, I do like the idea of one. And they are, comparatively, affordable.

Edited by gjm

1 hour ago, gjm said:

The E46 M3 is peak M3? Well, I do like the idea of one. And they are, comparatively, affordable.

Duh.... 

• Like 1

It strikes me that the reviewer in this video is a lot more knowledgeable about the cars under review, less egotistical and a better driver than 95% of the so-called reviewers on youtube. The information was presented clearly, articulately and in an entertaining manner that made watching this video a pleasure to watch. And for that I will forgive the gratuitous drifting/smoking tyres that usually has me searching for another channel. Well done son :)

As an aside, I wonder if the aftermarket is busy crafting body kits for the new M3 to try and tone down that ugly face ?

Cheers...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jon dee said:

It strikes me that the reviewer in this video is a lot more knowledgeable about the cars under review, less egotistical and a better driver than 95% of the so-called reviewers on youtube. The information was presented clearly, articulately and in an entertaining manner that made watching this video a pleasure to watch. And for that I will forgive the gratuitous drifting/smoking tyres that usually has me searching for another channel. Well done son :)

As an aside, I wonder if the aftermarket is busy crafting body kits for the new M3 to try and tone down that ugly face ?

Cheers...

Jason Camisa is a car idiot savant

• Like 1

A few companies have renders ‘fixing’ the g80 design. 
while i think the below front looks better, its also a bit more boring being the usual design. 

5AC46822-C785-46CC-A944-A01D2963CF63.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m325i said:

Jason Camisa is a car idiot savant

This is what it takes to strike the perfect balance between imparting information and providing entertainment. There are far too many videos that do neither. Putting "INSANE" in the title and a bid ass girl leaning on a car on the front page as click bait still works if all you are after is internet dollars. But if a reviewer wants to build a reputation for real knowledge and earn respect from a more discerning audience, they have to be very good at what they do. And Jason is... very good :)

Cheers...

29 minutes ago, andrewm said:

A few companies have renders ‘fixing’ the g80 design. 
while i think the below front looks better, its also a bit more boring being the usual design.

To me the difference is that I would drive something like the render, but I wouldn't be seen dead in the original.  Marques like BMW and Mercedes have a long history of evolutionary change... each successive model had a strong resemblance to the previous, and mature buyers liked the conservative (classic) styling. This is a market that is not overly receptive to revolutionary/outlandish change. Witness the lovely vehicle shown below that introduced a striking new vertical element into its grille when the industry was dominated by cars with a strong horizontal element. It was a marketing disaster... buyers stayed away in droves, and the Edsel was rapidly consigned to the dustbin of automotive history.

It remains to be seen if the G80 design will become BMW's Edsel, or if the strong performance will draw in enough buyers prepared to overlook that face.

Cheers...

Edsel+grill_Keizer+meet1.jpg

I love how these newer cars make the vibe of the older cars endlessly better, more character, more simple, more fun. A timeless machine. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. A story well told and worth the watch.

e46 m3 up another $1k after his view 😀

• Like 2

Interesting that the 190E, driven by a capable journalist, was decently faster over a lap than the M3 driven by a race driver.

The benefit of multilink rear suspension?

In my experience, the 190E is a more relaxed and comfortable drive. The E30 is more involved, perhaps more direct. But the 190E is faster over a given piece of road. Stock cars or near-as...

• Like 1