nzpanda92

AGM Batteries

7 minutes ago, jon dee said:

I used Bimmercode to change the type/rating and then used MHD to register the battery. Don't know how kosher that is but it seemed to work OK for me. Beats dicking round with a laptop and that crazy inpa/insta stuff :)

Cheers... 

Is BimmerCode worth buying? I’m in two minds if I buy it or not. 

To be honest I haven't really done anything with it other than code the battery. I'm pretty much a set and forget guy, and if everything is working OK I just leave it alone. But it does seem to be able to access a lot of modules and change a good range of settings. It also worked off the bat with my existing wireless dongle, so that meant less fighting with the D-Can cable :) I use the cable with MHD and that deters me from "fiddling" with tunes. Now that I've found settings I am happy with for my style of driving and I'll stay with them.  

Cheers...

• Like 1

I need to replace the battery in my 2007 E87 130i. Any recommendations? Does anyone have the kit to code the new one too (I don’t have anything to do this). I’m based in Silverdale. 

Cheers

Andy

1 minute ago, AndyB said:

I need to replace the battery in my 2007 E87 130i. Any recommendations? Does anyone have the kit to code the new one too (I don’t have anything to do this). I’m based in Silverdale. 

Cheers

Andy

Come and see us @HELLBM

5 hours ago, AndyB said:

Cheers

Andy

You shouldn't need an AGM battery for that year E87 as it is pre-stop/start 'EfficientDynamics'. That ought to save you a couple of hundy.

9 hours ago, AndyB said:

Thanks @HELLBM. I’ll stick it on charge, and come and see you tomorrow. Any time work best for you?

Mornings are best.

• Thanks 1

Big shout out to Ray @HELLBM and Brian @ Coast Auto Electrix (Orewa) for helping me out with the replacement battery on my 130i. Great service from Brian, who sourced the correct battery, installed and coded it, all for a very reasonable price. Would recommend these guys, if you're in the Hibiscus Coast area.

• Like 1

Anyone have a source for agm batteries in Wellington? Recent cold weather is busy finishing mine off. Need a DIN88L