Sign in to follow this  
Simca

Stubborn interior grime

Hey guys got some marks on my interior I'm trying to get off, tried a couple of things but nothing's really made a dent. It's some oxidation from what I assume is coins sitting for a long time in the centre console, and then some thick black gunky stuff on the sides that won't come off either. I've tried megs leather cleaner and autoglyms interior shampoo and neither have made a considerable dent. There's also some brownish dirt that seems to want to extend its welcome.

IMG_0014.thumb.jpg.802e961d831fdad2738b3594b8c62aa3.jpg

IMG_0016.thumb.jpg.5f5a9ea7ea6479338a30eaf818e9d89f.jpg

IMG_0015.thumb.jpg.809fade7525d78f90c47128385f20bab.jpg

Anyone have any ideas what I can use to clean this? Scared that its all stained in and will be impossible to get rid of but any ideas are welcome.

^^ this! (or Goo Gone).   Then agitate with an electric toothbrush.  Use an old head of course.

A steam cleaner would do quite well there too.

I removed all these parts and cleaned with an easy going hand soap, tooth brush / soft nail brush and water with white rags, getting rid of soap is key and then some vinyl / plastic spray to rejuvenate the surface and wipe it all dry. 

Results depend how much effort you put in. 

Lucky you have black seat side trims, mine are white but turned yellow so I had to repaint them! 

P1020661.JPG

• Like 1