Sign in to follow this  
G-Wessa

Mag n Turbo for wheels and tyres?

Guys,

Im thinking of changing my stock M6 wheels for something else. Would you guys go to M n T for an upgrade? 

Good quality and service? 

Thanks. 

Gary. 

I have a lingering perception that they're pretty expensive, things might have changed though. I just tend to shop around for tyres, some places will price match, others will discount even further, it's worth a few calls.

Wheels on the other hand, especially for an M6, are a different story, you really need high quality wheels rather than the cheapest. But still, once you decide when you want cross check prices. Hyper Drive often have good deals (but don't fall for their fake deals) and are worth checking out. You might find importing the wheels you want yourself is actually cost effective.

Would definitely stay away from generic wheels shops to get a “cheap” set of replica wheels especially on something like an M car. 

getting a decent set of quality brand name wheels would be in the thousands (like $5000+) for 19” staggered so unless you were planning to spend upwards of $6-7000 incl tyres I would be careful before deciding to put some $2000 wheels and $1000 rubber that just look the part

• Like 1

I wouldnt buy anything from mag and turbo, they are clowns... pretty sure their business model is selling finance. 

Edited by Jacko
  • Like 1

When looking at the aftermarket wheels sold in NZ, I could never find real information on the manufacturers and how or where their wheels were made. I wont pay thousands for wheels that, for all I know, are all made in China to low standards.

Apex are a US based company that make great wheels for BMWs. you can import them or order though Speedfactor. Or look on tirerack for some good wheels and then look for a freight forwarder to bring them in.
Have a look on Trademe too, you might find some nice used ones or some local supplier selling the reputable brands.

• Like 2

I think most aftermarket wheels on BMW's look cheap. Probably because most place like M&T sell cheap wheels. 

20 hours ago, Matth5 said:

When looking at the aftermarket wheels sold in NZ, I could never find real information on the manufacturers and how or where their wheels were made. I wont pay thousands for wheels that, for all I know, are all made in China to low standards.

Apex are a US based company that make great wheels for BMWs. you can import them or order though Speedfactor. Or look on tirerack for some good wheels and then look for a freight forwarder to bring them in.
Have a look on Trademe too, you might find some nice used ones or some local supplier selling the reputable brands.

Apex wheels, and most quality cast, flow formed and forged wheels are made in China. Apex make a premium product, flow formed or forged in a wide range of sizes to fit all BMW models, its been well tried and tested. Probably best bang for buck wheel available easily in New Zealand.  There are some good wheel manufacturers turning out good wheels in Italy, Ronal is a brand that springs to mind.

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1

Manufacturing has certainly changed for high end products around the world.

Pirelli and Michelin, even their highest performance rated tyres are made in China.

They have the best tyre making equipment and production processes.

Edited by smiddy
Addition

VMR are good American brand too. I had the CSL style wheel on my E46. really well made.

They also have helpful staff

Edited by hunter