Sign in to follow this  
woodem

E36 328i touring pricing

Hey guys have been offered a swap and unsure if its worth it, I have an e36 touring was a 318i now a 328i with msport kit, all around adjustable suspension and all certed, has been sitting for about a year but will drain tank and swap fluids and should be good to go. The swap would value the car at about 8.5k but with no one selling one recently i'm lost if its a good deal or not. Any insights? 

23 minutes ago, woodem said:

Hey guys have been offered a swap and unsure if its worth it, I have an e36 touring was a 318i now a 328i with msport kit, all around adjustable suspension and all certed, has been sitting for about a year but will drain tank and swap fluids and should be good to go. The swap would value the car at about 8.5k but with no one selling one recently i'm lost if its a good deal or not. Any insights? 

Might be wrong but wasn’t there a black 328i touring on TM recently for $12.5K? Anyone remember? Must’ve sold for close to asking.

What kind of condition is it in?

E36 prices are all over the place at the moment. I would say condition is the most important factor when valuing these cars. If it is in good (or above) condition (mechanically and cosmetically), I would say 8.5k is a good price. I presume it's manual?

without knowing more details, but assuming its in good condition and manual I would say its a bit on the cheap side especially if it is properly certed.

pictures speak a thousand words, give us the details, kms on body, kms on engine (proof?), why was it sitting for a year? is rego on hold or dereg? mechanically mint? physically good condition? msport bodykit was it from factory or swapped on? is it also msport interior? 

10 hours ago, displayname said:

Might be wrong but wasn’t there a black 328i touring on TM recently for $12.5K? Anyone remember? Must’ve sold for close to asking.

Was asking $9K over Christmas / NYE then popped up for $16.5K last month on M3 wheels and with coilovers.

• Like 1

Condition is everything IMO.

Could be a minter done really well or a ragged out rough swap with a G220.

yes sorry manual, 2.8 drivetrain and brakes also, 180ishks on engine I believe

a couple rough spots around, but fairly tidy

20190613_111047.jpg

20190613_111111.jpg

20190613_105246.jpg

• Like 4

I think that's Justin's old one? What's the interior like?

• Like 2

No, from christchurch, bought with swap but had to end up doing a decent bit of work things done the way they wanted it for cert, plus heatshields etc...

interior is pretty bad at the moment, but its seats and headliner so will look at replacing both if i do keep. Ultimately if its worth 10-11k id keep 8-9k id probably take the swap. Sat reg on hold and still is on hold with no warrant but i cant see why it would not pass one currently.

• Like 1

Even if the interior is a mess, it doesn’t take much to replace seats and headliner (>1k if you do it properly). With current prices 8k is a bargain if you had a zf box with it. 

What coilovers does it have?

With e36 prices going the way they are I would think its a 10k car, and only going to increase in value.

What car are you considering trading it for?

Looks quite tasty IMO

4 hours ago, zero said:

What coilovers does it have?

With e36 prices going the way they are I would think its a 10k car, and only going to increase in value.

What car are you considering trading it for?

Konis, and yeah I agree about the value going up, just was very unsure on current market as nothing is out there on these 

gs430 Lexus, pretty much top of the line but this alongside another project I have worth maybe 4.5k 

Edited by woodem

Koni coilovers are desirable so its easily a $10k car

The Wu wagon!!!

yea this was mine. Started life as a povo spec 318i when I bought it if the original owner. Sold it to a work mate and he cooked it in cromwell and sold it on from there. 
Is looking good still!

9F275629-BEDC-4D3D-A774-057ED154EB03.png

7EF7F68E-9BAC-4D52-BC9D-6C2AAE432144.png

DC2027EB-FDF9-4BC7-98E0-A6915772BD59.jpeg

B57E62AA-AEF6-43E8-A583-8205EB59D7E1.png