Sign in to follow this  
Alex AA

Wtb M20b25 engine or block + head cylinder E30

I have a complete engine in bits, call me on 02102916373

Thanks @leichtbau. Contact @BMTHUG first as he replied first but I do have one that I was going to rebuild and use but have bought a car with an engine that works better for me (m52). It’s a facelift engine, send me a pm if you’re interested. Also have a cam belt kit, water pump, and sump+rocker cover gasket from FCP Euro that can come with it.

3 hours ago, Alex AA said:

is it reliable ?

To be honest, I wouldn’t know as I didn’t see it in the car running. Although can send through some videos of it before it got pulled out and screenshots of my endless questions to the seller.

For what it’s worth, I was genuinely going to rebuild (as it’ll need it anyway at some point and the seller mentioned that there’s a leak from the sump and the rocker cover - hence the gaskets) and use this to power a shell, but just ended up finding another car with an engine I liked.

My advice is if you really want to be sure of how reliable an engine is then try and hunt down for someone selling while it’s still in the car. Take it to a mechanic and do a leak down test, compression test, etc… Keep in mind that it’s still a 30 year old engine so will need to be rebuilt at some point.

I felt like it was worth the risk for this engine based on what I found out from the previous owner so you just need to make the same decision 🙂

12 hours ago, Ghost Chip said:

To be honest, I wouldn’t know as I didn’t see it in the car running. Although can send through some videos of it before it got pulled out and screenshots of my endless questions to the seller.

For what it’s worth, I was genuinely going to rebuild (as it’ll need it anyway at some point and the seller mentioned that there’s a leak from the sump and the rocker cover - hence the gaskets) and use this to power a shell, but just ended up finding another car with an engine I liked.

My advice is if you really want to be sure of how reliable an engine is then try and hunt down for someone selling while it’s still in the car. Take it to a mechanic and do a leak down test, compression test, etc… Keep in mind that it’s still a 30 year old engine so will need to be rebuilt at some point.

I felt like it was worth the risk for this engine based on what I found out from the previous owner so you just need to make the same decision 🙂

Cheers, I would like to get the photos and videos if you still have it... my contact is 022 309 2910