Sign in to follow this  
C-130 Hercules

Wild Weather

Crazy weather all around the globe at the moment. Here is a clip from the recent devastating floods in Germany. It is in the region close to the Nürburgring. Mind boggling. 

• Sad 1

Yup. 150kph gusts here in Gladstone.  Shaking the house.  Sheep have all decided it is a great time to have their lambs.

Had to go and strap our water tank down in Featherston so I didn't have to collect it from the neighbors.

And my sisters Vineyard in the Wairau Valley flooded pretty badly.  A lot of damage.  Lucky not to the vines or house.

tis but a scratch in the hutt valley

Good economic stimulus I guess. Mother nature will always keep us little people busy. 

5 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Hope things are on the up for you guys @Driftit

Cheers.  Turns out my neighbours in Featherston who are building their house had their roof blow off on Sunday morning.

Freak wind gust of over 170kph ripped it to bits.  Roof landed right where my house would be if it was there.  It then took off again and hit another neighbours house about 200m away.
Fire crew said they have not had wind that strong there for a good 15 years.

• Sad 1