Sign in to follow this  
hugo_nz

Bye-bye Bimmer

This came about fairly quickly but I have just signed the paperwork to trade our X5 in on a new Audi E-Tron :D

A couple of firsts there for me:
* First Electric
* First Audi
* First time paying more than $100k for a car lol

As much as I love the grunt and power of a V8 it's becoming increasingly difficult to deal with BMW's apparent lack of ability to build decent V8s. The introduction of an emissions tax Clean Car Programme next year will also make V8s even more expensive to buy.

I'll bring the 'tron to the next meet up :D

Edited by hugo_nz
added info
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, hugo_nz said:

This came about fairly quickly but I have just signed the paperwork to trade our X5 in on a new Audi E-Tron :D

A couple of firsts there for me:
* First Electric
* First Audi
* First time paying more than $100k for a car lol

As much as I love the grunt and power of a V8 it's becoming increasingly difficult to deal with BMW's apparent lack of ability to build decent V8s. The introduction of an emissions tax next year will also make V8s even more expensive to own.

I'll bring the 'tron to the next meet up :D

Emissions tax?  I have been busy thinking about things to do to my E30 I may have missed something?

Congratulations on your defection to the Audi - they seem to be doing well on their EV development, better than BMW perhaps, and the cars are attractive through the range.

Will be a great new experience :)

Edited by E28E30

42 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Emissions tax?  I have been busy thinking about things to do to my E30 I may have missed something?

Congratulations on your defection to the Audi - they seem to be doing well on their EV development, better than BMW perhaps, and the cars are attractive through the range.

Will be a great new experience :)

Just referring to the clean car program and the fees that will be added to higher emission vehicles (like the current rebate on electric ones) :D Wouldn't be surprised though if down the line an emissions tax makes it into the yearly rego.

11 minutes ago, hugo_nz said:

Just referring to the clean car program and the fees that will be added to higher emission vehicles (like the current rebate on electric ones) :D Wouldn't be surprised though if down the line an emissions tax makes it into the yearly rego.

Oh that makes more sense and agree about your crystal ball!

Look forward to seeing and how you find it, good on you 👍

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

Post an exhaust note when you get it, wanna hear that baby sing!

They actually sound a bit like spaceships at low speed since they have to emit some noise for pedestrian safety lol

• Like 2