Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

E36 M3 Sold in hours...

image.png.4cb7040344fceb2ff4feff347c76af79.png

The ad is gone so I presume it's sold. I was going to call today but got distracted, when I got to it this evening, the ad was gone.

Anyone know any dirt/details about this car? Was the car underpriced? I was thinking it was about right and hence my interest.

I did ascertain that it was imported from Japan in 1999 via carjam and vin.

3.0 but very low kms? If condition matched kms I imagine a pretty decent price these days.

Isn't that the one that's evo swapped? I'm sure it's been on earlier in the year.

From memory, the ad said it was completely stock. 

Was sold same afternoon listed I think. I was certainly too late by the time I made contact after seeing it the next morning. Seller said it was Ex Singapore(?) and in the country since 99.

photos looked really good, could only fault the passengers door card trim glue had lifted otherwise looked extremely clean. 

Have to be fast these days, I’ve seen two good e46 M3s disappear within hours of listing the last few months.

Is there a way to get instant alerts from trademe if someone lists a certain car?  I’m too slow otherwise lol 

I was watching this very closely, thought it was a good price 

From the advert description the cars was stock, recent e46 steering rack, vanos and some other major work. In the questions he stated he had owned the car for the last 18yrs - unsure if this was the car listed earlier this year 

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Isn't that the one that's evo swapped? I'm sure it's been on earlier in the year.

I think that was owned by a Bimmersporter and had much higher kms - plate 321BHP or something?

• Like 1

I have a funny feeling Rose city cars will be listing this for $60k in the coming weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

🙂hi I bought it.. It's immaculate! / Very original. From Japan into NZ in 1999, first owner 18 years. and all paperwork, Paint is perfect, etc, drives fantastic... I don't know a lot about the different models but It must be the euro spec / not the USA 3.0L??? 😕 because it has the oil temp gauge not the fuel economy gauge / speedo to 280 not 260 and throttle bodies for every cylinder rather than just one throttle body.. I had a yellow E36 M3 Evo 3.2 about 7 years ago (CEY950) sold it for $14k 😞 ... This one feels the same, good memories coming back,  just need the seats to be reconditioned a wee bit and a few wee touch ups on the passenger door card, the leather is lifting. Otherwise it's like new!!! 🙂

PXL_20210726_014428588.jpg

Edited by Willm3
Spelling
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Willm3 said:

. had a yellow E36 M3 Evo 3.2 about 7 years ago (CEY950) sold it for $14k 😞 ... 

I’m the current owner of your old one, for the last 8-9 years now.  Glen tipped me off to that, and your purchase of this. Good score! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Willm3 said:

🙂hi I bought it.. It's immaculate! / Very original. From Japan into NZ in 1999, first owner 18 years. and all paperwork, Paint is perfect, etc, drives fantastic... I don't know a lot about the different models but It must be the euro spec / not the USA 3.0L??? 😕 because it has the oil temp gauge not the fuel economy gauge / speedo to 280 not 260 and throttle bodies for every cylinder rather than just one throttle body.. I had a yellow E36 M3 Evo 3.2 about 7 years ago (CEY950) sold it for $14k 😞 ... This one feels the same, good memories coming back,  just need the seats to be reconditioned a wee bit and a few wee touch ups on the passenger door card, the leather is lifting. Otherwise it's like new!!! 🙂

PXL_20210726_014428588.jpg

Well done looks a fantastic car 👍👍👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, euroriffic said:

I’m the current owner of your old one, for the last 8-9 years now.  Glen tipped me off to that, and your purchase of this. Good score! 

Yeah time flys... Happy to have one back again... How many kms on it now? ... Shall we swap? 

That's a good looking car, nice work!

14 hours ago, Willm3 said:

... I don't know a lot about the different models but It must be the euro spec / not the USA 3.0L??? 😕 ...

😲 That's a lot of money to spend without knowing if it was a genuine M3 or a fettled 328! But of course it's RHD so not a US model.

I couldn't sell mine in 2008 for $17k... sort-of glad now...

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 2

It's definitely a real Euro M3.  I looked up the vin but then neglected to call the seller right away.  Damn procrastination! A good score.

4 minutes ago, topnotchrally said:

It's definitely a real Euro M3.

Yes, that obvious to me but that the buyer wasn't sure before purchase?!?

All's well that ends well and it's purdy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

That's a good looking car, nice work!

😲 That's a lot of money to spend without knowing if it was a genuine M3 or a fettled 328! But of course it's RHD so not a US model.

I couldn't sell mine in 2008 for $17k... sort-of glad now...

I've actually owned a few BMW's :)

Bmw 318i 1986 manual

325i 1988 red Manual “Clifford" 

318i 1996 manual

318ti 😞 m 1995 (factory m3 kit mirrors etc) manual

525i manual 1998 

m3 yellow 3.2 evo

x5 4.4 v8

z4 3.0 auto

630i auto

x3 manual diesel

745i

e46 328ci manual

e60 m5 SMG3

535i 2011 GT twin turbo

118i m blue/grey

650i hamann convert

530i black

x6 3.0 twin turbo

X5 2003 gold 3.0L

325i 2007

525i msport 2006

X5 2009 diesel 3.0sd

i3 REX

I knew it was an m3 (not a 328i 🙂 I just don't know a lot about the E36 M3 models other than the Euro evo 3.2 and the USA 3.0L "m3" .. but obviously there are quite a few options. 

IMG_20160330_211535.jpg

IMG_20170304_145703.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, qube said:

nice list! great variety

The m3 was obviously my favorite so i've got myself one again.. but the m5 I still miss,  knowing how to drive the SMG3 you actually start to enjoy it. (Knowing it's basically a manual with a pump) treat it like a manual lift of gas on gear changes etc you do become one with the car even though it's an "auto"... It say the V8 m3 manual would be a keeper also. 

On 7/27/2021 at 11:49 AM, Willm3 said:

Yeah time flys... Happy to have one back again... How many kms on it now? ... Shall we swap? 

Is up to 219 km I think. Shows how often I drive it!

8131C361-AA0E-45EC-99AF-805B9EB71FDA.thumb.jpeg.b504c5c0f60c3d86d37713a774993806.jpeg

• Like 3