Sign in to follow this  
madhog427

07 335i major issues

So can was running good as gold up untill three days ago when it starte3d giving me all error codes at once including transmission failure warning then went into limp mode. It can be fine at times but will always go back to this state at some point. Also shuts of the infortainment screen speakers make weird static noise.. The othe codes are DSC, ABS,Battery termials which are fine.. Im kind of lost where to go from here. My first idea is it has to be an eletrical fault or sumthing.. It sux as its a great car when running right..170,000km on the clock.. ill include sum pics. sumeone must have seen this issue b4. It can be fine for half an hour or so then all hell kicks off. Or if i park it after a cold start and restart it this issue comes up..

1627365803942.jpg

1627365803954.jpg

1627365803961.jpg

1627365803966.jpg

1627365803971.jpg

sounds like battery and alternator issues 

What he ^^^^ says. Get hold of a decent battery charger and hook it up in the engine compartment as shown in the pic. Positive lead to the positive terminal (green arrow) and negative lead to the grounding lug (yellow arrow). If everything works fine for a while and then the yellow battery symbol on the dash comes back and the problems start again, your battery is not charging off the alternator.

Cheers...

pic02.jpg

2 hours ago, madhog427 said:

Thanx I'll test alt tomorrow... Battery is new so yeah

Has it been coded in?

no it wasnt  coded in... ive tested it running and when the lights etc come on the battery is charging at 18v so im thinking it voltage reg?

• Confused 1

It MUST be registered (coded) to charge correctly

• Like 1

Stop and get someone to code it, then clear fault codes. There are a few pictures on the interwebs of batteries catching on fire doing what you are doing. 

BMW Dealer

15 hours ago, madhog427 said:

Anyone know where to get voltage reg in nz? its confirmed it is the issue but they hard to find

Try AES in Henderson. They can also supply new alternators