Sign in to follow this  
Chrisblob

E60 N62 4.0i issue

Hi all, I have a 2006 540i E60 - over the weekend I noticed when accelerating that the iDrive screen would flicker and glitch a bit, but the car seemed to be running as smooth as normal. On Monday night however I turned through a corner and accelerated away fairly gently - the engine check light came on and the car started running quite rough - I limped it home, had a look at the iDrive messages and one had popped up to tell me there was a fault with oil pressure sensor, but after turning off the car overnight that message doesn't appear and the ECL is off again despite the car still running a bit hairy. A mate gave me a Carsoft BMW 6.5 interface and CD but the software is apparently too old to work properly with my 2006, but does anyone know if the hardware will work with other software that is new enough to work with a 2006? I suspect I have a dead/shorted out plug coil, but am getting it looked at tomorrow.

Cheers.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, nzpanda92 said:

howd you get on with this? 

Sorry, been a looooong time since I posted about that issue - it was indeed a plug coil, replaced the faulty plug coil and car back to normal. 👍

Chris, Chch