Sign in to follow this  
qube

E46 M3 _____oo_____

LOL who thought that exhaust looked good... made me think it was a fake M3. There's a few odd things there. The M3 badge has a tiny '3', a few interior bits are wrapped in some fake CF vinyl or they are some cheap ebay specials, and the air intake pipe is some aftermarket piece.

Overpriced unless it's really had all the worn bushings, rod bearings and crap replaced.

Edit: And is that some kind of cover on the front bumper fog lights? Looks weird to me.

Edited by Matth5

Looks like a Hartge exhaust - if so they’re pretty damn rare. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🥴

Edited by JohnM575

Non-standard center console? Reminds me of a CSL one

1589948168.jpg

15 minutes ago, KwS said:

Non-standard center console? Reminds me of a CSL one

1589948168.jpg

Looks like a vape holder instead of a cup holder haha

Strong asking price for a high km 2002 example with several defects and no mention of service history...

Strong money for a mish-mash, restore to original would be ~$10-12k so add that to the asking price for proper value.

Yes @KwS, CSL console (or rep).

Edited by M3AN

Classified has "expired", I don't think that means it actually sold. When was it initially listed does anyone know?

14 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Classified has "expired", I don't think that means it actually sold. When was it initially listed does anyone know?

It was listed yesterday. Here’s a screenshot I took this morning just in case it disappeared quickly… 

9BED9FAC-C2F8-465F-B6B7-9D84EA3E41FF.png

• Thanks 1

still on Drive.co.nz

driven.co.nz/used-cars-for-sale/bmw/m3/canterbury/sydenham/1727289/2222/

"Presented in Black with contrasting Black"

😂

Yeah. Nice. I suspect they intended to write ‘complementing’ 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:26 PM, m325i said:

These are $80k in Aus now.... 

Hey buyer, we need to know... for insurance purposes

E46 Manual M3? They definitely are not $80k in Oz. My brother couldnt get an offer over $25k in Perth about 6weeks ago and ended up trading in. I was expecting high $30's being an option by way people speak of them. His was waaaay nicer than this one too. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

E46 Manual M3? They definitely are not $80k in Oz. My brother couldnt get an offer over $25k in Perth about 6weeks ago and ended up trading in. I was expecting high $30's being an option by way people speak of them. His was waaaay nicer than this one too. 

I'm not up with / interested in AU market - just saw a forum post and had a look. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.(C.Make.BMW._.Model.M3.)_.BodyStyle.Coupe._.Year.range(2000..2006).)

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.43.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.43.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.44.59 PM.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, m325i said:

That oxford green on cinnamon... hnnggg thats a nice spec. Wish we had one in this colour in NZ. 

Edited by Harper
  • Like 3

We should all know that there is quite often a big difference between "asking" price, and the "realised" price.

26 E46 M3's for sale on that site, there should be more on their mind's than "what is the M3 gonna fetch this week"?😕

Some quite good spec cars with good options too. Easy as to import from Aus.

And almost parity on the exchange rate, win win.

Edited by Bandit

2 hours ago, Harper said:

That oxford green... hnnggg. Wish we had one in this colour in NZ. 

3 hours ago, m325i said:

I'm not up with / interested in AU market - just saw a forum post and had a look. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.(C.Make.BMW._.Model.M3.)_.BodyStyle.Coupe._.Year.range(2000..2006).)

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.43.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 2.44.59 PM.png

Yeah I found a bunch like this to convince him to list it for about 3weeks. Super painful, maybe if he wasn't in WA.. Ozzies don't seem to want to put in any travel effort. 

The end result was a bunch of people talking sh*t about import BMW's (vs all those made in Australia BMW's..), wanted bearings and other of the "big 3" pieces of work on this engine done. He did have subframes done but they still wanted them redone or some sh*t. 

Absolutely pitiful bunch, maybe one or two are selling for those figures but generally in our experience a dealer might get $35 to $45k in Oz, eventually. 

Yeah I also noticed those listings in Aus. Been watching the prices there since I plan to move there.

I reckon those are dreamer prices that have no chance. F80 and F82 prices are $70k-120k. That red E46 is priced as higher than F82 M4s with half the mileage.

Sure you could say the E46 is becoming a classic but there isn't a shortage of them like with the E30s.

• Like 1