Sign in to follow this  
elias

e46 coupe waterless

Hello,

I have recently acquired a 2004 e46 330ci. Im having some issues with waterleaks. First issue was that a lot of water had accumulated inside the spare tire compartments as well as underneath the battery and where the CD stacker is on the other side. I dried up all the water I could see in all three compartments. After some research I narrowed it down to taillights leaking, and I used some silicone as a temporary fix (ordered new taillights still waiting on them too arrive). Since then ive had little to no new water come in except for maybe 3 drops. However now, about 2 weeks after fixing the taillight leak I notice that the rear window has fogged up and there is a bit of mould showing in the gap between the backrest and bottom of the rear seats. So I take the rear seats out and find a fair bit of water has accumulated under the rear seats. 

My question is, is this because I have another leak or is this just water that is still there from the old leak? Is it possible for the water to have gotten there? 

Ive removed most of the interior trims, carpets and seat pieces and couldn't finding water coming from the rear window (hasn't been replaced, still original) the rear window seal looks fine, and I don't have a sunroof. I honestly have no idea how the water has gotten underneath the rear seats. 

Any help is much appreciated! 

Elias 

tail light seals , remove , clean , replace etc 

side window seals ,, sunroof drains blocked if it has one 

Edited by BM WORLD

Probably not the case with your one... but.. I had a Honda Accord saloon which regularly got water in the boot.Tried aiming a hose everywhere, dealer couldn.t find a leak either.
It turned out to be a previous panel repair - the filler housing hadn't been sealed to the rear wing. Any speed above 80k the water off the roof ran over the top of the wing and down to the filler housing, soaking the boot....

Ok ive removed absolutely everything now, still cannot find out where it has come from, has rained pretty hard recently and no new water so Im hoping the issue is solved. Only thing I can find is cracked weatherstripping on the rear quarter windows where the window motors are, but couldn't see any water coming in from there on the inside. Not sure if these actually do much since there seems to be another seal behind them. Any way of replacing these?

IMG-1272.JPG