Sign in to follow this  
paulo

Manual 328i Coupe

If it is a pile of crap, it's still got value in so far that it's a manual coupe with a non airbag dash, and those clear tail lights 😀 

As a base for a track car, it would be perfect. You won't lose money on it

Here’s another 328i Motorsport Coupe that popped up on TradeMe yesterday - will be interested to see where the pricing ends up. This one’s a factory manual and NZ New. Doesn’t look to be as tidy as the Estoril example, but still appears to be honest. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3258069709.htm

56DEBEFF-909B-40D1-A294-DF08FD20A1F7.png

• Like 1

I sold that to him. Very honest car. Has had money spent in the right places, a very good car mechanically. 

He has spent a fair bit of time and effort tidying it up, was pretty rough when I got it from a friend 

To think a couple years ago that car owned me less than 4k, after I spent 1500 in parts on it 🤦‍♂️ I made the wrong decision selling it 

Looks good, little finishing required but surprisingly tidy inside and love that colour on an E36.

Nice to see good, honest detailed descriptions too.

That's strong money, good result for the seller.

I wonder what people who pay this sort of money for one of these plan to do with them.

I should have bought it back. 

But I don't think it would be comfortable to live in after the missus breaks my legs and nose 

• Haha 1

E36 chancers coming out of the woodwork now!

$13,500 for a Silver sedan in reasonable condition:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3285968082?bof=crt4ol8M

$15,000 for an average looking coupe with a G220 conversion and Triangle tyres:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3285913333?bof=iaYFyEnp

Also saw a pretty rough 318i Vert on Facebook for $12,500 yesterday and a white 320i sedan that 'could use a respray if you're fussy' for $10k - Hilarious.

As a slightly fastidious owner, it does niggle me a bit when people don't see the value difference in their average car and mint, fully sorted one.

@Sammo very classy of the seller to make some racist Uber driver comments on that first one.

Second one has some potential but a shame that it’s not a ZF.

To think I turned down a 14k factory manual 328i coupe a few months back that was actually tidy as I thought it was a bit pricey for what it is.

The problem really is that people buy them, not the dreamers that sell them. Unfortunately with my purchase of an e30, I’ve become part of that problem 😂. Although, with the price that is being listed now (even just a few months after) for other e30s, I feel like I got a bargain 😆.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

@Sammo very classy of the seller to make some racist Uber driver comments on that first one.

Second one has some potential but a shame that it’s not a ZF.

To think I turned down a 14k factory manual 328i coupe a few months back that was actually tidy as I thought it was a bit pricey for what it is.

The problem really is that people buy them, not the dreamers that sell them. Unfortunately with my purchase of an e30, I’ve become part of that problem 😂. Although, with the price that is being listed now (even just a few months after) for other e30s, I feel like I got a bargain 😆.

Yeah, I saw that comment - sad to see what people say on a public forum, makes you wonder how they are behind closed doors.

I'm not really seeing too many people buying these average and overpriced cars TBH? Keep seeing the same sedans on FB pop up time and time again for more money than they failed to sell for previously...I've been watching pretty closely to get a gauge on how poor a financial mistake I'm going to make 🤣

Assuming you're not having too many issues with yours, its certainly looking like a deal given coupe / M52 / Manual in a good colour. 

Im factoring just about any E30 I buy is going to to need $10k plus on it to get up to standard. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:31 PM, Sammo said:

Keep seeing the same sedans on FB pop up time and time again for more money than they failed to sell for previously...

FACT.

Yeah you’re right about that as well. The fun bit is working on it, although have had a few head scratching moments already 😂. Probably will keep rising as supply vs demand but I wonder if it’ll be a bit more relaxed as borders open.

• Like 1

If they're claiming that coupe has an "average interior" with mismatched seats, trashed driver seat, trashed mismatched center console, mismatched door cards and dash, faded rear seat and faded parcel tray, I reckon they would be pretty easy to please 

Could probably fold their hand around a dog turd and convince them it's a taco

What a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Interesting - fantastic colour and factory manual helps but will be interesting how much its average condition and lack of WOF / Cert holds it back...

This one is an auto, but checks a lot of other boxes…

Estoril e36 Coupe

Will probably be snapped up quickly at that price… 

F6138F4F-AC39-496E-8CDE-E01C8FE497A8.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paulo said:

Estoril e36 Coupe

I agree that it will get snapped up quickly. Apart from being auto, probably one of the nicest spec'd ones around in decent original condition. Looks very good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3317485342.htm

I feel like I’d rather snap this one up if I’m paying that price

Oh, yeah - that’s nice too. Great colour combo - that interior would have been stunning when new, but still looks quite acceptable now. 

51 minutes ago, Sammo said:

$18K that car looks rough as IMO, given thats what I'll probably sell mine for.

You’re right, after reading the listing in more detail and actually looking at the photos, I agree that it’s a bit rough. I’d get a closer eye to see how much of the stone chips will buff out, and the interior needs a refresh but it’s manual, NZ new, full service history, 3 owners, and mechanically seems to have been looked after well. I’d rather deal with a bit of minor panel work, respray, and refreshing the interior than trying to undo years worth of lack of maintenance on mechanical components and also not knowing the history. Of course that’s assuming the other car has no service history and haven’t had [preventative] maintenance done to it. I was also more comparing the 16k vs 15k rather than the buy now price.

To be honest though, another thing that sways me is someone who’s willing to list the ‘bad’ in that detail, I would trust more. But I could also be dead wrong and the other listing may have had all the mechanical work done as well and not have listed any ‘cons’ because there was none other than the stone chips. Who knows eh? 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

That estoril blue auto sold for 6k about a year and a half ago. Crazy how high the prices are getting with e36s. Don't know anyone in their right mind that would pay 16k for that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, duluth said:

That estoril blue auto sold for 6k about a year and a half ago. Crazy how high the prices are getting with e36s. Don't know anyone in their right mind that would pay 16k for that.

Seems abit ludicrous I agree, that's stepping up into the 135i manual market at that value!

Even myself I have had dirty thoughts about selling my E30 once its complete, won't be but it doesn't stack up really does it when they worth alot of pocket money!

On 10/30/2021 at 3:46 PM, paulo said:

Estoril e36 Coupe

F6138F4F-AC39-496E-8CDE-E01C8FE497A8.png

And same spec (3 Estoril 328i Coupes with Ivory leather in short time!) but with only 60km for a few K more…still auto though.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3310166799.htm

35 minutes ago, Sammo said:

And same spec (3 Estoril 328i Coupes with Ivory leather in short time!) but with only 60km for a few K more…still auto though.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-3310166799.htm

That one certainly looks good, although not keen on those wheels. I'm always suspicious of low Km Japanese(?) imports, but this one does indeed look like genuine kms - those Ivory seats still look very sharp. 

• Like 1