Sign in to follow this  
steven-delacy

Getrag 5speed or 6speed || BUYING

Looking for a 5 or 6 speed for an e36. 

Appreciate any help, not too keen on buying from overseas.

Cheers,
Steven

I have a 220 E36 manual gearbox by itself and also have an E46 328i ZF manual conversion.   I used an E46 manual conversion in the E36 race car I am building.   Need to change the gearbox mount if I remember correctly , driveshaft and pedal box.  Pretty sure I have the pedal box and gearbox mount.  I can get the driveshaft modified.  

I have just purchased a few 420G 6 speeds and they are about to be shipped.  Because of shipping being so erratic I am not sure of delivery times.   I will post some more information once some definitive dates are available.

• Like 2

Are you able to source a ZF 6spd?

Edit: are the 420g's 6cyl or v8 bolt pattern?

Edited by leichtbau

6 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Are you able to source a ZF 6spd?

Edit: are the 420g's 6cyl or v8 bolt pattern?

To be honest I don't know anything about a ZF 6 speed.  I don't even know if they are manual or auto.   If you give me a bit of info I will try and track one down.   Google searching tells me jack sh*t about them.

The 420G are for the E46 M3 6 cylinder S54.  I have an adapter from PWC which I am pretty sure allows the 420G to fit the V8's.    

1 hour ago, FIAT 131R said:

To be honest I don't know anything about a ZF 6 speed.  I don't even know if they are manual or auto.   If you give me a bit of info I will try and track one down.   Google searching tells me jack sh*t about them.

The 420G are for the E46 M3 6 cylinder S54.  I have an adapter from PWC which I am pretty sure allows the 420G to fit the V8's.    

The ZF "GS6-37DZ" which is the manual found in the diesel 6spd's. Reason for wanting the diesel spec ZF 6spd is that it bolts up to an M20 at the correct angle.

PM sent

Edited by FIAT 131R

I can get a 6 speed ZF but it's not for a diesel and instead it is from an E46 330i.

6 hours ago, FIAT 131R said:

I can get a 6 speed ZF but it's not for a diesel and instead it is from an E46 330i.

Also interested in price, cheers!

2 hours ago, LoganC said:

Also interested in price, cheers!

pm sent

12 hours ago, leichtbau said:

The ZF "GS6-37DZ" which is the manual found in the diesel 6spd's. Reason for wanting the diesel spec ZF 6spd is that it bolts up to an M20 at the correct angle.

We have a M20B27 plus a GS6-37DZ with flywheel/starter available.  Only the 4 cyl diesel variants bolt up correctly.IMG_8898.thumb.jpg.30ab612ead74f7e47ec865cb9cbba4e0.jpgIMG_8899.thumb.jpg.f28b83fe97839a7289e1cb0070294e60.jpgIMG_8900.thumb.jpg.9f7b17afa5315aff539439213adb7998.jpg

IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8897.jpg

• Like 1