Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Press on catch?

How do I get this thing off? Says it should pull off, but it won’t. Do you have to close the tabs on it to get it to slide through? If so, how as it’s circular? Won’t pull up with force, or at least as much as I’m prepared to apply.

36052C7E-DD40-489E-9BF7-33D3E1757E0B.jpeg

Someone must have an idea on how to take this stupid thing off. Anyone?

I have no idea what it is or where it is.  Photo from further back may help.

This pesky thing. On an X5, but must be on others.

9ACB940A-D641-427D-AF7E-1BC8B9B31A9D.jpeg

In for the sweep :) So here's my guess. That looks like a more determined version of the rubber bung beside it... so most likely way to get the arm off the ball is to just give it a mighty heave. Second and less likely option would be to push two of the lugs on the outer ring (assuming plastic) in towards the ball and see if it (the outer shall of the bushing) can be pushed/rotated downwards to allow it to be pushed down out of the arm leaving the bushing itself on the ball. 

Cheers...

It’s attached to the intake for the turbo, so the mighty heave option potentially leaves me with a broken pipe and a no go car. I have pulled on it with as much pressure as I’m comifortable with.

Tried squeezing the tabs, they are rubber and squash making them really hard to get a grip of, in fact impossible so far.

There has to be something simple I’m missing.

It does actually look like it is designed to have those tabs pushed in.  Do you have a socket that would fit over it and push them all in at the same time?  Then pull the pipe up.

Edited by Driftit

2 minutes ago, Driftit said:

It does actually look like it is designed to have those tabs pushed in.  Do you have a socket that would fit over it and push them all in at the same time?  Then pull the pipe up.

A socket might work if it slipped over and through the ring, everything else just slips off. Tried pushing them in with all sorts. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

A socket might work if it slipped over and through the ring, everything else just slips off. Tried pushing them in with all sorts. Thanks.

even if it can just hold the tabs while you pull the pipe up.

The rubber bush has probably gone hard. Try putting a lubricant down around the ball and gently move the housing in all directions quite a few times before pulling it up. Try dish washing fluid

Edited by *Glenn*