Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

Why was my For Sale post deleted?

It was last week but I was still just a bit confused. It was for a non-BMW (VW Phaeton) content but I explicitly checked the rules on the Forsale forum, no mention of exclusively BMW only content. It included photos and price (price via Trade Me link if not in the text too, cant recall now).

https://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/66035-non-bmw-vw-phaeton-alternative-to-7-series

I also checked the rules on the Trade Me forum and it says if the item is our own item we can put a Trade Me item in the Forsale section instead.

Bit aggravating to just delete someones content after I tried follow the rules, with no explanation!

Edited by Kodachrome
  • Like 1

So.. can I repost my advert without it being mysteriously murdered in the night again?

Edited by Kodachrome

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 4:31 PM, Kodachrome said:

It was last week but I was still just a bit confused. It was for a non-BMW (VW Phaeton) content but I explicitly checked the rules on the Forsale forum, no mention of exclusively BMW only content. It included photos and price (price via Trade Me link if not in the text too, cant recall now).

I can't specifically remember this post as there are a number removed from the For Sale section on a very regular basis. You are correct, non-BMW posts are fine provided all the other rules are met.

For a TradeMe link both a photo in the Bimmersport post, and a price in the post are still required - just putting a link to TradeMe is not acceptable. Also, it should be for a TradeMe item that has an Asking Price or a "Buy Now" if it is an auction then there is no defined price and that is not a "For Sale" and should be in the TradeMe Discussion Forum.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 4:31 PM, Kodachrome said:

Bit aggravating to just delete someones content after I tried follow the rules, with no explanation!

As per the For Sale Section Rules - "All threads that dont adhere to these rules WILL be removed without warning or explanation". It is not possible to contact every member and what needs to be done for it to be included, there is not enough time in the day.

20 hours ago, Kodachrome said:

So.. can I repost my advert without it being mysteriously murdered in the night again?

It would have been removed for a reason, posting exactly the same thing again would get the same result. If the post meets all the requirements of the For Sale section then happy days.

I have only just seen your original post which is why there has been no response up until now, it is not a case of silence being acceptance. It would be spotted quicker if you message and Admin or Modertor directly rather than putting up an open post.

• Like 1

Giving the forum moderators the benefit of doubt, I would suspect the issue was the price wasnt in the post itself, but the price was in the link on TM (asking price specified etc). 

Some users get (multiple) warnings and are up for days with no price. I report them and nothing happens. Others are removed without explanation even when borderline. Guess you're not in the cool club? I just list everything on TM now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1