Sign in to follow this  
Matth5

F82 M4 at Ruapuna - My trackday footage

Been a bit slack on sharing this...

First track day in the M4, featuring a pair of Lotus' owned by a couple that are regulars there:

And some better driving with a better angle on my 3rd trackday:

Used a video editor to add in some laptimes here.

Might do another one from my latest session in June if it's any good to watch.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Sounds solid and shifts nice :) So pardon my ignorance, but I don't hear any throttle blip on downshifts. Does that mean the car is running in full auto mode or are you using the paddles for shifting ? Maybe if the car is stock the engine noise is just too well muffled for the mike to pick up down shifts ?

I never raced at Ruapuna but I spent a lot of weekends watching the racing there when I lived in Chch.

Cheers...

It's in manual mode and I am using the paddles.

Yes it is stock and on the quiet side at lower revs. I disabled the piped-in engine noise using a BMW coding app and the car is quite insulated inside so you don't get much engine noise at low load. In all but the tightest corners I find it better to ride the low-end torque in 3rd rather than rev it out in second, so that also doesn't help :) Car has enough torque down low that I still need to modulate the throttle until it's straight so at some points it doesn't even sound like I'm accelerating when I am.

In some sessions I cracked open the windows a little but this also brings in some wind noise. Maybe I should re-enable the piped-in engine noise, it's a bit phoney but it's fun haha.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Nah... wind noise is what ruins most in car videos... especially when the driver is trying to tell you how great this or that car happens to be. I was only curious to hear what the downshifts sounded like. If you have a spare Gopro stick it in the engine compartment for an experiment... that should be interesting :)

Cheers...