Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Fine oh Five : 38 years of glory

I forgot I put a bid in on a 1983 505 STI Manual in Turners Dunedin, and now I got it. to get it to Auckland, they want $1150... I wonder if this can be done any better? 

The Car has the pre interior refresh interior so it looks very much closer to the 504 on the inside. 

1983-peugeot-505-sti-22004788_13754701_orig.thumb.jpg.ba9f0efdf040ffe4d661fab634314b9e.jpg

1983-peugeot-505-sti-22004788_13754713_orig.thumb.jpg.b44a484155569f614cefdfaca4976bf1.jpg1983-peugeot-505-sti-22004788_13754718_orig.thumb.jpg.283245c0a8ed001cb50a2e5695ca90ef.jpg

Edited by lord_jagganath
updated
  • Like 5

Also bonus point, no cracks on the dash! it's the right kind of 70s/80s kitsch in that green. No aircon, but I will live. (i think) 

• Like 1

Didn't Promo sort out some cheap shipping? Or drive it (when you can)?

Assume it drives?

Edited by Palazzo
Does it drive?

^ Not sure about Promo's cheap shipping. It drives though. did consider the trip when levels drop down, but 38 year old hosery and cooling has me a little concerned. 

tbh $1150 aint too bad considering the distance and ferry crossing. 

• Like 1

^ yeah, i did some math, and it would cost me about thirteen hundy at least to drive it back in  flight, fuel, food, and 3 overnight stops. ( don't wanna push the oldie too far)

• Like 1

I caved and went with their freight option. the door to door options were at least 200 dollars more from other companies. 2 more weeks! 

Looking back I guess that makes sense, I was looking at an X5 in Chch last year and vaguely remember it was $750ish for flights and no accommodation costs in Wellington.

• Like 1

On a side note, a mate had a 504 years ago, the drivers side rear guard had rusted out, so had been repaired with chicken wire netting, bog and newspaper, with a cursory spray of matching yellow paint over it. Completely visible from the boot, what you'd call an honest repair.

• Sad 1

do you mind telling me the name of the Transport company.   I'm in the process of getting a small Japanese car from PalmNth to Dunedin and have been quoted $1150+gst, so yours sounds like a better deal maybe.

I have used Kiwi Rail in past for Auck to Chch, cost at time was reasonable, dont know what they are like now days

Oh wow. Had one of these as a paddock car many moons ago. Only lasted about an hour. It was actually pretty mint. Got it for free out of the trade and exchange.

• Sad 1

Given current pressure on the cook strait with two of Interislander's ferries going out for maintenance it may be better to arrange storage for 3-4 weeks and then bring it across.

22 hours ago, leonf said:

do you mind telling me the name of the Transport company.   I'm in the process of getting a small Japanese car from PalmNth to Dunedin and have been quoted $1150+gst, so yours sounds like a better deal maybe.

i actually am using Turner's own shipping. I think they use the Car Distribution Group? 

Collected car today. interior is filthy and the buggers broke the gearknob. Sigh. also speedo and fuel gauge does not work. I'm up for a tonne of fun piecing this darling back together. 

Edited by lord_jagganath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

Collected car today. interior is filthy and the buggers broke the gearknob. Sigh. also speedo and fuel gauge does not work. I'm up for a tonne of fun piecing this darling back together. 

Should jump on a less brand specific forum like Oldschool and start a build thread. Be a few on there keen to see it too (and probably have knowledge/parts to help out).

• Like 1