Sign in to follow this  
Kees

Bargain Manual E46 330i?

Just spotted this for sale on Trademe. Seems like a very good deal to me...

Factory 5 Speed 

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Tyres 

Paint seems relatively immaculate too considering the age. 

Could do with an M-Sport facelift but overall it looks really nice. 

All for $5.9K

Bet this will sell in less than 3 days. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/330i/listing/3265626510?bof=LwadAbAx

Edited by Kees

Damn that is cheap, the manual conversion from it would sell for over half the asking price

9 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Damn that is cheap, the manual conversion from it would sell for over half the asking price

Yeah thats what I was thinking, plus it looks to have been owned by someone who is older judging by the photos and profile so it wouldn't have been thrashed like most other cheaper manual E46s. 

• Like 1

Nice car.

5 hours ago, Kees said:

Just spotted this for sale on Trademe. Seems like a very good deal to me...

Factory 5 Speed 

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 Tyres 

Paint seems relatively immaculate too considering the age. 

Could do with an M-Sport facelift but overall it looks really nice. 

All for $5.9K

Bet this will sell in less than 3 days. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/330i/listing/3265626510?bof=LwadAbAx

I 2nd that. And in a month it will be slammed to the ground , with 19" wheels and some "bad ass sounds."   ☹️😫  Maybe even some hi-lux fender flares.

• Haha 2

Surprised it's not an auction.  

Had lots of good buys in Christchurch over the years.

Seller is on here although not very often. He had it up for sale a few years ago and not a bite. Maybe cause it's a 4 door? 

4 hours ago, topnotchrally said:

I 2nd that. And in a month it will be slammed to the ground , with 19" wheels and some "bad ass sounds."   ☹️😫  Maybe even some hi-lux fender flares.

Yeah such a shame, and it will be listed as "V6 bmw parting out" in about 3 months time on Facebook marketplace. Hopefully someone who is actually an enthusiast gets it because there really aren't many 330 manuals around anymore, but at 5.9K its well within the price range of a teenager fresh on his restricted... 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Seller is on here although not very often. He had it up for sale a few years ago and not a bite. Maybe cause it's a 4 door? 

Oh right yeah thought they would be an enthusiast judging by the Pilot Sport 4 tyres on it. Tbh I'm a fan of all E46s so I think its a steal considering its half the price of a coupe, so you could chuck a couple K in to it and get some nice M-sport bits and make it a super tidy example. Kinda what M539 did with his E46. 

Ha ha ha. I laughed so hard I nearly dropped my gun. 

1 minute ago, KwS said:

Typical, what a dick.

Reselling it to make profit because he saw an opportunity is being a dick is it?

He is a young fella and can't get/afford insurance on it. No harm if he makes a profit

Providing its not a neglected dog, $8k is still a reasonable price is it not...

Especially compared to E36 328 manuals or anything E30. 

Didn't the 330i manual come with the 6 speeds, or was that the facelift ones?

15 hours ago, polley said:

Reselling it to make profit because he saw an opportunity is being a dick is it?

I think he might struggle, was on trademe for $8k a long time and no one snapped it up

Drove this earlier today. Seemed to go alright, although only got it up to 60km/h in town. Clutch felt like slipping a bit when taking off from standstill but might have just been down to my not having driven manual in a fair while. Everything seemed as it should, bit of wear and tear but overall decent condition for its age. Some service history but still some common points left to address. Interesting thing is that it was originally sold new in South Africa and imported to NZ a year later. Apparently tracked once by previous owner. Young fella that bought it can't insure under his name as hasn't had licence long enough. Not sure if he bought it just to resell or genuinely didn't know.

Was looking to manual & b30 swap my 325 auto but not sure if worth it at that price just for engine & box. Some other fella was apparently looking to make a track project. Would be a shame as it's tidy enough to live on as a road car. 

11 hours ago, Vass said:

Drove this earlier today. Seemed to go alright, although only got it up to 60km/h in town. Clutch felt like slipping a bit when taking off from standstill but might have just been down to my not having driven manual in a fair while. Everything seemed as it should, bit of wear and tear but overall decent condition for its age. Some service history but still some common points left to address. Interesting thing is that it was originally sold new in South Africa and imported to NZ a year later. Apparently tracked once by previous owner. Young fella that bought it can't insure under his name as hasn't had licence long enough. Not sure if he bought it just to resell or genuinely didn't know.

Was looking to manual & b30 swap my 325 auto but not sure if worth it at that price just for engine & box. Some other fella was apparently looking to make a track project. Would be a shame as it's tidy enough to live on as a road car. 

Interesting, I certainly think he will make some money on it, I reckon he can get high 6s for it.

Seeing as there aren't many factory manual 330s around I think it would be a shame to rip that one apart as its probably one of the tidier sedans left. Would be a great base for a good glow up with some m-sport bumpers etc. 

I can imagine comprehensive insurance would be ridiculous on that car, but third party, fire, theft and glass cover probably wouldn't be too bad. The insurance on my 540i is pretty affordable for me, although I wouldn't be surprised if insurance companies have fine-tuned their quote process since I got mine. I remember being able to obtain an instant AMI Young Drivers quote on my 540 as well as some older AMGs (was something I used to do when I was bored), however now if I fill out all the details they want me to call them "for additional information". 

Sold for $7.5k. Think both parties left feeling happy. Good on them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vass said:

Sold for $7.5k. Think both parties left feeling happy. Good on them. 

Jeez, makes me wonder what mine would go for