Sign in to follow this  
Brianr70

Shipping from FCP Euro

Has anyone ever used the NZ Post system via YOUshop in USA for shipping? Or is it better to pay FCP freight costs?

I've made nearly a dozen FCP orders now, it's amazingly cheap and fast with Fedex, can't go wrong at all. 

Probably one of the best online shops I've ever dealt with, Rock auto is also excellent, and then Pelican parts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree ^

regularly shop through fcp and use fed-ex as the shipping option without any issues so far. Parts delivered within 10 days, on average, once they are shipped. And that's even through our current lockdown. My first go to place for parts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No point. Youshop is expensive and slow compared and always collects GST. Much cheaper with FCP Fedex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This... ^^^^. FCP and FEDEX is faster and cheaper than NZ Post Shop, and to date I have never been charged GST when using FEDEX. And FCP shipping charges are way less than any other us parts company = WIN :)

• Like 5

FCP is super fast via Fed Ex, reasonably priced and no GST.

Win-win, I pay lots of tax already.

• Like 4

We should get tax rebates since we're buying car parts, we are keeping our cars on the road pumping CO2 out for the trees to thrive which improve crop yields and greening of the planet. :wub: 

More busy courier vans is probably a good thing too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've been ordering from FCP Euro for a bit over fifteen years now.  They're good.  Their FedEx rates are excellent.  Service is very good.  Prices are on the whole pretty good.  I've tried Pelican, found them more difficult by comparison.  I happily recommend FCP Euro.

The less said about GST the better.  Keep your orders under the threshold, all is good.  Find 'what's my duty' on customs. govt.  nz and use it. 

I would not use YouShop for anything at all.  When I need drop-shipping for anything, I use MyUS.com - which gives me great service - customer-focussed service! -  an address in USA and UK, a great web interface and a reasonable app, and excellent rates with FedEx, very good rates with DHL, and a choice of other carriers too.  

• Like 2

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but random question. What if you know someone in the US that can ship for you? Has anyone tried this?

Compare Schneidmann before buying from FCP. FCP is good but sometimes a European source is cheaper :)

Their shipping rates are also not too bad for NZ, when i last used them.

44 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but random question. What if you know someone in the US that can ship for you? Has anyone tried this?

Not sure it would be worthwhile really. Shipping to NZ isn't cheap either way, especially due to covid pushing the shipping prices up.

Edited by Matth5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

I lived there recently.  It will cost more.  And it is a massive hassle to send things to NZ unless you have an account with a courier service.

I just got a replacement coil pack from ECS Tuning in Ohio for free under warranty.  Came in 10 working days.  And they had to wait for the part to get shipped to them in that time too.

Both FCP and ECS are great.  Oh man I miss 2 day free shipping from them whilst I was living there.

• Thanks 1

Have just received service parts excl. oil filter for my F20, ordered on the 5th, arrived on the 15th.  Cheapest overall for genuine BMW parts.  Unfortunately, they don't have oil filter for my 1-series. 

bmwpartsonline's pricing was a little bit cheaper but they didn't have the spark plugs.