Sign in to follow this  
balancerider

BMW price inflation!

Just went onto BMW NZ configurator...Base M340i Touring is now 153k (up ~20k since I last looked). CPI is an absolute joke. Guess I'm not buying a new one any time soon.

That gets you a brand new Maserati!

Or get a brand new Alfa Giulia Veloce and save 60 grand.  

Not station wagons I guess...

1 hour ago, GorGasm said:

That gets you a brand new Maserati!

Or get a brand new Alfa Giulia Veloce and save 60 grand.  

Not station wagons I guess...

The BMW online store has 340ix Tourings at about $140k.  Maybe that’s current stock only?  For interest started the Configurator and the starting price before any options for one is $152835 as you say, hmm!

Edited by E28E30

I've also heard from other forums that lots of new orders are missing certain options due to the micro chip shortage. Wonder if it's affected the NZ market too and what effect its going to have on the re-sell price of the slightly older fully optioned models

14 hours ago, balancerider said:

Just went onto BMW NZ configurator...Base M340i Touring is now 153k (up ~20k since I last looked). CPI is an absolute joke. Guess I'm not buying a new one any time soon.

153K is honestly ridiculous. You could get a 3 year old low km C63 Estate for 80-90K, and then have 60-70K left to get something for the weekends. 

• Like 1

just looked on bmw.co.uk, M340i (and M340d) touring aren't currently available on the new car configurator - but the 540i Xdrive Touring is up (57k GBP - 111k NZD) value proposition a bit better on that.

I note the only private seller has his M340i Touring (Nardo Grey, 5 owners!) up for 10k more than the dealer had it listed for 3 months ago. 🤨

• Like 1

Utes and everything else are the same. People are waiting 6 months for new hiluxes and then selling them for 15 to 20k more than they paid for them

It could be a basic shift in the market equilibrium…

1F1DBDA6-9EF8-45C7-A7D8-8EDFF047DCA9.jpeg

(random economics graph as a poor example)
Or it could be, as is believed in this case, an error in the pricing showing on the configurator page.