Sign in to follow this  
The_Real_BruceWayne

2004 BMW Z4 2.2i

Welcome, I run a 2003 Z4, great fun cars. Should check out a UK forum,   Z4-forum.com Well worth a look for technical help and how too do stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haggisman said:

Welcome, I run a 2003 Z4, great fun cars. Should check out a UK forum,   Z4-forum.com Well worth a look for technical help and how too do stuff.

Hey, thanks, will check them out!

I did a search of 'Z4' on the forum, it didn't return any search results or I might be searching wrong, haha.

Wondering where the Z4 owners at :)

10 hours ago, The_Real_BruceWayne said:

Hey, thanks, will check them out!

I did a search of 'Z4' on the forum, it didn't return any search results or I might be searching wrong, haha.

Wondering where the Z4 owners at :)

Haven’t come across many on here, there is a nz group started by someone on Auckland on Facebook, certainly 3 or4 I know about down here in Wellington. IMO a very under rated car. I’ve had a variety of road and race cars and the Z4 is great value, handles well on the track as well with reasonable running costs.

10 hours ago, Haggisman said:

Haven’t come across many on here, there is a nz group started by someone on Auckland on Facebook, certainly 3 or4 I know about down here in Wellington. IMO a very under rated car. I’ve had a variety of road and race cars and the Z4 is great value, handles well on the track as well with reasonable running costs.

Awesome! Is the FB group called 'Strictly BMW NZ' or something like that? I found a Z4 owners page but last post seems to be almost a year ago.

Have you ever done very long road trips on your Z4? Keen to hear how it handles those.. I'm planning to drive my down to South Island once things are back to normal :)

Also, I've seen some beautiful places in Wellington for car photo shoots, there's was a coastal area but I forgot what the name was.. I had to ask a Trade Me seller for the location :)

1 hour ago, The_Real_BruceWayne said:

Awesome! Is the FB group called 'Strictly BMW NZ' or something like that? I found a Z4 owners page but last post seems to be almost a year ago.

Have you ever done very long road trips on your Z4? Keen to hear how it handles those.. I'm planning to drive my down to South Island once things are back to normal :)

Also, I've seen some beautiful places in Wellington for car photo shoots, there's was a coastal area but I forgot what the name was.. I had to ask a Trade Me seller for the location :)

There doesn’t seem to be much activity with Z4 owners here in NZ compared with other BmW models. The majority of owners IMO buy the roadster for a bit of summer fun and then move on. I’ve found the Z4 roadster to be quite practical for me and also (touch wood) very reliable. The 3.0 litre straight six is a great engine which easily gobbles up the miles and economical if you want it to be. Done a few wellington to Taupo trips and no issues. The UK forum is well worth a look with lots of info on Z4-forum.com

The BMW club down here is good with at least another Z roadster in it, also a couple coupes around the area. Anyway, They are great value cars and you’ll have heaps of fun with it.

I like Z4s. Great cars, in my opinion.

Just not very practical in rural Hawke's Bay. :(

9 minutes ago, gjm said:

I like Z4s. Great cars, in my opinion.

Just not very practical in rural Hawke's Bay. :(

Yep, be hard if it was the only car in the household. Do like these 190E ‘S, great seeing them race in the DTM classic races

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, Haggisman said:

The 3.0 litre straight six is a great engine which easily gobbles up the miles and economical if you want it to be. 

Pretty sure there's more than one. M54B30 or N52B30 ?

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

Pretty sure there's more than one. M54B30 or N52B30 ?

I have the M54, the facelift SI had the N52 with a few more horses

1 hour ago, Blackie said: