Sign in to follow this  
GorGasm

V8 E30 money no object build.

Its pretty mad in person, I actually think proportions are better than genuine E30 M3 :D 

Nice car, certainly a lot of skill, money and work gone into this.

Not sure on motor mods, which if this is a non vanos model, would be limited, 300 + odd hp for over $100k asking price is difficult to market in any body shape.

This sort of car to wow, needs one of the M3 3ltr turbo variants IMO.

I think 300hp would be enough to have a balanced drive.  Any more would start to become too fast for a fun NZ countryside outing.

• Like 2

Personally, I really like the apparent quality of the workmanship in this build.  And that timeless combination of 'small car, big engine' is quite enticing

to me.  Normally love flared guards too, but I do think on this car they have gone a little too far.

I'm sad to admit that, for me anyway, the colour is simply too loud. I'm told it's a genuine BMW colour and that part atleast is fine.  Everybody likes to be the centre of attention and be noticed, but this car kind of says "LOOK AT ME!!''

And for that reason  --  I'm out.

1614706553.jpg

Edited by leonf
adding factuality.
  • Like 1

Like the concept, interior and engine bay. But for the money I would have preferred to have the body kit moulded in rather than "riveted" on. The duck tail boot spoiler could have a bit of shape as the straight line does not really blend with the otherwise curvaceous body :) And one of my personal peeves... gold is not a neutral colour in my book and I don't think that those wheels are a good colour match for that car.

I like this concept better....

582703.jpg

Cheers...

Lots of work but I am not really sure what the result is supposed to be. Just looks like a lot of stuck on parts that have been stuck on well.

Personally I'd much rather see an OEM style V8 E30 swap, maybe with mods to make it like an M3. 

• Like 3

To me this thread shows the risk with making this kind of build and then trying to sell, the build is very specific in it's details, and everyone has their own personal taste.

The sweet-spot of people that have got the cash, want a highly modified E30, and want that particular style of modified E30, I would think, is a very, very small sample size.

Personally I couldn't live with that fuel flap.. every time I saw it I would shudder, let alone trying to use it. E30 fuel filler can be a real pain at some fuel pumps as it is, let alone when it's set deep inside the bodykit like that.

I'm sure quite a few here would remember the beautifully converted E30 in England with the V10 S85 somehow squeezed in, not overstated, but stood out, the sound was amazing!

Was up around 600 hp, which to me is perfect for the effort.

Lots of you tube vids of roll racing on old airfields, this thing dealt to a lot of top tier cars.

Was maybe 7+ years ago.

That orange colour seems to be quite popular at the moment with modified cars....

1071764493_Orange1MGTS02.jpg.3587b325c71a7320104756a15c5d559c.jpg

987013303_OrangeM5E6001.png.a6656d04b40be857c58098e63a2aa698.png

I actually quite like it so long as the car is "not over the top" and trying to put too many styling features onto the car :)

Cheers...

I definitely would like it more with black or grey/silver wheels over the gold/bronze. 

Also the taillights are ugly to me..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jon dee said:

That orange colour seems to be quite popular at the moment with modified cars....

I had a Chevrolet C10 pickup in that colour, about 25 years ago. Used to go drag racing in it - had 'Clockwork Tangerine' signwritten on the back of the cab.

Such things tend to run in cycles. A period when colours are a sign of individuality and rebellion, followed by a period when bright colours are considered ostentatious and conforming to the conservative majority of middle class is the norm. Just now we are entering a phase where "look at me" colours are becoming acceptable once again. Grey imports was a very apt term for upmarket cars like BMW and Mercedes twenty years ago. Now blue, red orange and green etc are becoming more common.

Ultimately everyone is entitled to like what they like, and I for one am happy to see more than just plain white or silver/grey cars on the road. Bring on the orange, pink and green... the red white and blue :D Thanks to the advent of the vinyl wrap you can experiment and go back to stock when you get tired of the comments !!

Cheers...

GIC_BMWi8Futurism_backA_08_WEB.jpg

Edited by jon dee
Need more pics :)

I'm in the Nope crowd.

It looks like a race car.  But has no cage and just isn't one.

Has a $100K price tag.  But doesn't have a big HP motor like you would expect.  Instead a $1000 M60 (probably with a ton of work... I hope).

The seats look like they are from a Ford Falcon with cheap leather covers.

The Ebay rear lights...

It needs to be a fraction of the price.  And saved by someone who turns it into what it isn't.  A race car.

• Like 1

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-mean-e30-bmw-3-series-is-hiding-a-supercharged-1uz-v8/

Similar/same kit.

But looks better. Because it's not Orange. As much as I hate to say it. Superior engine. And that's before you supercharge it.

• Like 1

whats up with these odd wheel choices..? do they not make decent wheel designs in a spec that fits widebody or something..?

man, that engine bay... niceee

Way too ghetto looking to me especially with those hideous wheels.  

• Like 1

"Aero style" or "turbofan" wheels... been used for yonks on certain fast factory cars. I believe they are supposed to reduce drag and improve airflow over the brakes. And yeah, rivet on widebody kits do look a bit/lot ghetto, but they make sense on a race car where being able to replace damaged guards quickly is a a big plus. And I believe the grey car is a race car.

Cheers...

turbofan wheel.jpg

• Like 1