Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

WTB FL E30 325i 2 door

I’ve decided to take the plunge and get into an E30 before the market gets even more silly.

Ideally I want a clean, rust free FL 325i 2 door manual - original is nice, but not at all opposed to something 24v swapped.

Looking to spend around $30k

0D9FD9C5-1932-4C9D-9D2B-C08DB51793B2.jpeg

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 4

Pity you're not after a sunroof 4 door. I have a FL 325iSE South African Spec that I will be parting with at some point in Delphin that's just had a full respray. Has sunroof though 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BMTHUG said:

Pity you're not after a sunroof 4 door. I have a FL 325iSE South African Spec that I will be parting with at some point in Delphin that's just had a full respray. Has sunroof though 

That sounds like a tempting 4 door indeed! 

I'm not actually opposed to a nice sedan, but dream is the 2 door / coupe so will hold out for now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sammo said:

That sounds like a tempting 4 door indeed! 

I'm not actually opposed to a nice sedan, but dream is the 2 door / coupe so will hold out for now.

it is rather beautiful! But I know how alluring the 2 doors are. I prefer them myself. This 4 door is quite beautiful in itself with headers and a cam to boot. It goes very good. Someone will love it when I do sell it :)

• Like 1

Just now, BMTHUG said:

it is rather beautiful! But I know how alluring the 2 doors are. I prefer them myself. This 4 door is quite beautiful in itself with headers and a cam to boot. It goes very good. Someone will love it when I do sell it :)

Photos:)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BMTHUG said:

Stop it haha!! You're leading me off the path already 🤣

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, E28E30 said:

Photos:)

will take some today :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Stop it haha!! You're leading me off the path already 🤣

target acquired hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@gjm If a sunroof sedan is in the mix surely a Baur can contend! If you’re going to let the sun in why not go all out without compromising rigidity?!

Edited by Ghost Chip
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

@gjm If a sunroof sedan is in the mix surely a Baur can contend! If you’re going to let the sun in why not go all out without compromising rigidity?!

There has been a suggestion passed up the line (so to speak) - the potentially interested party ;) needs reassuring that Baurs don't leak when it rains!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gjm said:

There has been a suggestion passed up the line (so to speak) - the potentially interested party ;) needs reassuring that Baurs don't leak when it rains!

Well it's an E30... If it was prone to leaking there would be nothing left by now!

here is a pic as promised 

IMG_20211019_092720.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sammo said:

@BMTHUG Will have a quick nosey if its there on Tuesday 

it should be :D

On 11/6/2021 at 10:10 AM, Sammo said:

Bump(ing up the budget) 😂

Whats your thoughts on a FL Convertible? Completely bone stoke apart from the head unit and alarm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, francoisv said:

Whats your thoughts on a FL Convertible? Completely bone stoke apart from the head unit and alarm

I do like the look of the verts, but I'm set on a 2 door (hard top) - plus I'm bald so, harder to look cool in vert hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/8/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sammo said:

I do like the look of the verts, but I'm set on a 2 door (hard top) - plus I'm bald so, harder to look cool in vert hahaha

Hahaha being bald makes you look that much better in a vert. Plus, it helps with aerodynamics.

but good luck with your hunt, hopefully something comes up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“If you will purchase the vehicle “complete” - i would need time as I would like to keep a few items. Namely Carpet, Front Shock 51mm, Steering Wheel (negotiable), IS Lip

Complete Vehicle with less items as above offers around $8500“

BYO carpet, shocks, and steering wheel it seems. “Minimal rust” but there’s quite significant bubbling by at least two areas around the sunroof. Random ? broken glass on the rear seat. Shift boot missing?

Definitely needs to be sighted before buying.

Low key, every time I see this thread have a new post, I’m excited as I think @Sammo has bought an E30. Can’t wait til you get one mate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Chip said:

Nothing at all (well, 2 door 325i) has come up sadly.

Although do expect to be talking to someone about a 2 door in the next few days - maybe once we go to the traffic light system the listings will start falling from the skies 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

I did see he's selling the complete drivetrain for $5K - interestingly a guy contacted me with a really tidy PFL 320i auto 2 door that could be a great place to put a B25 and G260 but think I'll keep looking for a 'complete' car before I go down the swap route.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sammo said:

Early Xmas prezzy for me 😍

Suits that awesome interior

• Like 1