Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Apex wheels - any experiences

Anyone bought Apex wheels through autoform before?

I generally dont like buying sh*t thats not in stock, so a bit cautious

^ They are very popular wheels. Lightweight, even their non-forged line are strong and popular for track use. I would probably buy directly from apex if I was getting a set though. 

https://www.apexraceparts.com/

Still stunned BBS and/or Enkei/OZ Racing haven't (successfully?) sued them to be honest. They are popular partially because they're well made and partially because it's the cheapest way to get a quality rep on your car if that's the look you want. They do seem to have gone balls-in with all of the offsets and dish they offer, in some cases to the point of ridiculousness in my mind. Nevertheless, they're well-regarded wheels.

SM10s are what Im looking at, bit scared of shipping delays/nightmare due to the current situation. Making it local companies problem seems to make some sense.

I bought a set direct from apex, shipped them to kiwi shipping in the states (mainfreight) who shipped them here. Very happy with wheels but took an age to get here. 

• Like 1

I bought a set through Speedfactor a few years back for my 335i. Price was similar to what it would be buying direct and using kiwishipping, but with less hassle as they dealt with the shipping and customs sh*t.

They're popular for good reason - great quality and lightweight.

IMG_20170429_130619.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:31 PM, Jacko said:

SM10s are what Im looking at, bit scared of shipping delays/nightmare due to the current situation. Making it local companies problem seems to make some sense.

If it helps I’ve just imported a set of tyres via tirerack / FedEx. Process was 12 days door to door with. 8 days was the nz part of its journey. 4 days was getting hold of nz FedEx to pay duty.