Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

e39 530 MSport

BMW handbook lists the automatic sedan at just over 1600kg with full tank of gas, driver but no options so unlikely much more than 1700kg with a\c, towbar, sunroof etc. They do have full alloy suspension and subframes after all and aren't a large car by today standards.

Manual is better but too rare. Still adequate power for most driving even with 230hp and the auto. Excellent chassis and looks is what makes them better than anything else in the same class and era.  

• Like 1

Looks like great buying, late mode Msport E39s are such a handsome sedan.

wouldn’t be too concerned about 240km on an M54 either, especially on open roads.

• Like 1

And a timely review popped up on my youtube video (if you can tolerate Jay Emm):

Jay Emm is OK (most of the time), he's a lot better than a lot of car influencer types on YouTube. And that video is actually what made go window shopping for a 530. 

Looks like it will be next year before the WuFlu learns how to read the new traffic light system and anyone will be able to go car shopping outside Auckland. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

"Exterior colour: Green" Um... what?

Uh, it is?

schiefer-grün metallic... Slate Green i think that means

So hypothetically, what is shipping on something like this worth between Nelson and Pukekohe ? Any change out of a $1000? Other than what is in the stable at the moment I've always wanted an E39, my father inlaws "green" one was used at our wedding..... Where it promptly shat the alternator 😁 luckily that was post the I do bit.

I had my e38 shipped from Palmerston North to Christchurch for $750 back in February.  Turners organized it but was just one of the shipping companies.  Can look it up if you need more info.

3 hours ago, Camberley said:

I had my e38 shipped from Palmerston North to Christchurch for $750 back in February.  Turners organized it but was just one of the shipping companies.  Can look it up if you need more info.

Yes please, need to work out the man maths on justifying this over something local. Thanks @Camberley

1 hour ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Very handsome, classic good looks. They will probably beat E46 as the next BMW to have prices take off.

E46 coupes are already worth more than the equivalent 6 cylinder E39, being more popular they have already won that race. Maybe they will surpass 4 door E46's.

• Like 1

The biggest cost is the ferry. You could do an instant quote on PTSL site and see what they would charge.

• Thanks 1

$958 delivered, so I'd need to get most of that out of the current asking price to make this happen. I can only ask the seller how motivated he is to sell it. If it's sat for the last year I doubt he is a rush to move it, but $5k is at the pointy end for that car.

The company that shipped my car was Auto Logistics and upon checking I was wrong about the amount.  It was in fact $705 Palmerston North to Christchurch depot!!  I picked it up from there.  Hope this helps.  By the way, I love that colour.  When we ordered my wife's e70 back in 2010, we saw one on US owners forum in a similar colour and couldn't find a similar colour in the ordering info.  So I contacted the guy and he told me it was Mineral Green, so that's what we ordered with Saddle leather.  Best car (along with the e38) that we have ever bought and still in as new condition in our garage almost 12 years on.  Good luck with your purchase.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Auto Logistics is owned by PTS, so tomato, tomarto.

I have a small Japanese car on its way from PalmNth to Dunedin right now.   Booked and paid $1287 to Dolphin Cartage which was a few dollars (like $50) more expensive than PTS as I have had a terrible experience with PTS (they picked up a car of mine from Gisborne and damaged it TWICE in the one movement, once whilst parked in their depot. Backed a truck into it) and then refused to pay for the damage and it took 18 months and a trip to Small Claims where the adjudicator took less than 2min to find in my favour.

Anyways - got sidetracked - that's not the story.    The real story is ------ after hiring Dolphin for the job because I specifically DID NOT want to use PTS, an Auto Logistics truck comes and picks up my car.   Auto Logistics is owned by PTS...........FFS!!!!    Incestuous bunch.

Thanks for all the advice on shipping, glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has had issues with transport companies - they are just impossible to deal with when things go wrong and they are clearly at fault. I had an engine incorrectly delivered on a crate an address 500m up the road rather than where I was. Then they denied it, I had to drive around the neighborhood to find it and I was left to get everything out of some poor guys driveway and they had smacked the sump. If we were not locked down I'd be on a plane and just drive it back. Got to get the sale first though.

Shane from Big Ticket transport moved my E39 to Auckland and was cool. I used https://www.wisemove.co.nz/ to find a company to move my E46 from Arrowtown to Wellington. Good luck.

40 minutes ago, E36ShoppingTrolley said:

Whatever you do do not use Brian Roberts Towing/Transport.

We use them for transporting north island to South Island on a weekly basis and have never had anything but great service from them 

Edited by Arron