Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Chip

VW gti mark 3 recaros into e30

Currently certed for bucket seats (I think NZKW) anchored to trans tunnel and all. I’ve yet to go on a long drive (more than an hour) but feel like they might be too stiff so have been thinking about switching to recaros - to keep the race seat feel and support but also be comfortable. Found some mk3 gti recaros (front and rears) for sale and wanting to find out if they’re at all do-able.

Or if anyone has suggestions for a better alternative (eg. more comfortable bucket seats), I’m all ears. For context, I’m average height so fitment shouldn’t be an issue.

I've got a sparco seat that I drive down to Taupo with in my e30. I actually find it pretty comfortable for the 2 and a bit hours, as I fit in there nice and snuggly. It's just the getting out at the end of the trip haha. 

Maybe take advantage of the lack of traffic and go for a drive to see if they really are uncomfortable after a couple of hours? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nick496 said:

Maybe take advantage of the lack of traffic and go for a drive to see if they really are uncomfortable after a couple of hours? 

What sparco seats do you use?

I might have to circle Auckland a few times if this lockdown doesn’t allow for wider travel 😂

Edited by Ghost Chip

22 minutes ago, Ghost Chip said:

What sparco seats do you use?

I might have to circle Auckland a few times if this lockdown doesn’t allow for wider travel 😂

It's a Sparco Evo II.
But it's a fixed back, so probably won't be what you're after anyway? 
Are you just after some more fabric in your bolsters? 

Yes, well it depends on if you think you'll be able to travel further before Christmas and if you want comfier seats before then.

1 hour ago, nick496 said:

It's a Sparco Evo II.
But it's a fixed back, so probably won't be what you're after anyway? 
Are you just after some more fabric in your bolsters? 

Yes, well it depends on if you think you'll be able to travel further before Christmas and if you want comfier seats before then.

Yeah nah, after adjustable seats. It’s more for the lumbar support.

Not a big concern at the moment, prices are going up by the minute for everything so wanting to buy now rather than later.

@Ghost Chip some of the better looking Recaros popped up on FB marketplace - pretty clean and in a nice fabric IMO

80344A0D-EB41-4F45-9EB9-7F818ABDA58D.png

• Thanks 1