Sign in to follow this  
skidz

E34 535is

Quick somebody buy this before I do!

Manual, LSD, BBS, M Tech steering wheel, Sports Seats, what is not to like

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/535i/listing/3323287643?bof=f4cUVXyh

12 minutes ago, skidz said:

what is not to like

5 years driven on salty UK roads 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been messaging and phoning since 7am.  No response.

Been looking for a sister car for my race car for some time.

Have actually left notes on this car in Wellington to buy it in the past.

Edited by Driftit
  • Like 1

I saw this and drove it a few years ago, probably close to 10+ years now I think about it.

It had been chipped and MAF "tuned" and ran like a dog. Whoever the owner was back then said it just needed to be tuned properly. It sounded to me like he'd just bolted everything on and left it at that.

It's fair to say every now and then it did take off but the moment I got back into mine I knew I wasn't going to buy it (Id always wanted a red one).

The body was rough, the interior was rough and looking at the photo's I would still take mine over this every day of the week.

i remember that for sale a while back, it had some weird maf-less piggyback tune or something. Will be a good car with some love.

E: the Carjam photos show it a bit more realistically.

1379431.jpg

1379430.jpg

Edited by KwS

States it has a MAPECU.  Which is a NZ crowd that does piggyback systems.  Very popular with 2jz people in the US.

My 535is race car has one.  Tuned.  So if someone does end up buying this that is not me I can supply a tune that will at least allow it to run okay.

I would be looking to restore it a little.  Obviously have a ton of parts for it.  Rust is my biggest concern.  It sat on that Wellington street for a very very long time.

1 hour ago, martyyyn said:

I saw this and drove it a few years ago, probably close to 10+ years now I think about it.

It had been chipped and MAF "tuned" and ran like a dog. Whoever the owner was back then said it just needed to be tuned properly. It sounded to me like he'd just bolted everything on and left it at that.

It's fair to say every now and then it did take off but the moment I got back into mine I knew I wasn't going to buy it (Id always wanted a red one).

The body was rough, the interior was rough and looking at the photo's I would still take mine over this every day of the week.

Yeah its been for sale semi recently as KWS stated.

My old 320,000km E34 535is made 171rhwp on Torque performance dyno, 5-10hp more than a similar car on the same day with MAPECU fitted. So many people try to improve performance on cars with even making sure all the EFI components are in good order.

• Like 1

Funny I have also emailed and tried to ring, but no luck, you’d think you’d want to talk to people who wanted to buy your car🙄🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Made contact. Going to view asap. Has non normal working hours.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blackie said:

I've seen this up close a few times and no way it's a 6k car, maybe half that?

I think being manual + LSD + sports seats makes it a pretty good deal. A lot of car for the money.

9 hours ago, displayname said:

I think being manual + LSD + sports seats makes it a pretty good deal. A lot of car for the money.

Tend to agree

20 hours ago, Driftit said:

Made contact. Going to view asap. Has non normal working hours.

he hasn't responded to my email, let us all know how you get on.

I sent one pretty much the moment he listed it. He said he has had dozens of offers. Works tough hours. Hoping to see it tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

I sent one pretty much the moment he listed it. He said he has had dozens of offers. Works tough hours. Hoping to see it tomorrow. 

Apparently it’s sold pending payment. Did you manage to get it? 

Not seen it yet so hopefully just a message to slow the wave of people.

Not heard from him at all. Unfortunately unless it is a set in stone offer with a time and date I can no longer wait around.

I'll only be angry if some scum dealer has snaked it to make a buck.