Sign in to follow this  
Bandit

Interesting .........

SIMPLY THE BEST AND CHEAPEST M5 AVAILABLE

ANYWHERE!

Uh, thats bit of a stretch.

Nice enough car, but would be better without all the mods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, KwS said:

Nice enough car, but would be better without all the mods.

The Akrapovic exhaust doesn't bother me but the air suspension and ugly ass wheels can FRO.

Also M5's are meant to be driven but hard pass on one treated like that

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 6

That's it, lady owner, non smoker. New tyres weekly.......😁

• Haha 1

Badass car. Drove his lambo in a similar way, no f**ks given.

• Thanks 1

Modified new cars like this are worth less than a standard one IMO. 

Each to their own I guess. 

• Like 3

The market will decide but fully agree @Michael. - be lucky to get 100k, won’t be easy / cheap to return to stock and BMW won’t be keen to honour the warranty (given remap) if something goes bang…

You could make a fair bit back selling off the parts for the mods, although it'll be some work finding the stock parts...

Almost certainly has been tuned if it had downpipes so warranty is probably gone, even having downpipes might be enough to be an issue.

The burnouts might be off-putting but I don't think a few burnouts are much trouble for an M5. Although, check the tyre tread if buying lol.

Price is high though... this one is newer and has less milaege, but is much cheaper:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/3305969901?bof=p067FGkS

2019 with 6100km, for $118k...

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matth5 said:

You could make a fair bit back selling off the parts for the mods, although it'll be some work finding the stock parts...

Almost certainly has been tuned if it had downpipes so warranty is probably gone, even having downpipes might be enough to be an issue.

The burnouts might be off-putting but I don't think a few burnouts are much trouble for an M5. Although, check the tyre tread if buying lol.

Price is high though... this one is newer and has less milaege, but is much cheaper:
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m5/listing/3305969901?bof=p067FGkS

2019 with 6100km, for $118k...

That ones is infinitely nicer. The only "advantage" the modded one has is that its NZ new. Havent checked the options list of either though.

I am an old fart, and drive/treat my cars like babies if truth be known.      The treatment given to this m5 in that video (assuming it's the same car, and I think it is) is just simply disrespectful.   As a result, I wouldn't touch it with a 10' bargepole.

I MAY be out of touch.  But I suspect not, and if I am representative of my era/generation then there goes 75% of the potential market for that car.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bmw has the Guinness world record for the longest drift in one of these so they are certainly built for this type of abuse. Every promotional video for any M car has them drifting etc. AMG has drift mode, there's not a top gear episode where someone isn't drifting something, they are built for this type of thing.

I think it was on here that someone once wrote e30s are like girlfriends. You know your not the first but it's not nice seeing someone else giving her a thrashing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I know it is a free world and people are entitled to pretty much do what they like. But I find it rather disappointing that a couple of poseurs cannot do anything more interesting with an expensive car than do skids 🙄 Yes, I know that it is all in the name of getting internet points so that there is enough cash coming in to afford the next expensive car to thrash and keep the cycle going. Only these cars are good for other stuff... like driving nice scenic roads, turning fast laps or showing some actual driving skills.

Personally I find the current preoccupation with doing smokey donuts rather juvenile (regardless of the driver's age). I like to think that it is just another of those fads like rubrics cube or fidget spinners that serves no useful purpose, and will eventually fade away.

Cheers...

bmwyouknowyouarenotthefirst1.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jon dee said:

I know it is a free world and people are entitled to pretty much do what they like. But I find it rather disappointing that a couple of poseurs cannot do anything more interesting with an expensive car than do skids 🙄 Yes, I know that it is all in the name of getting internet points so that there is enough cash coming in to afford the next expensive car to thrash and keep the cycle going. Only these cars are good for other stuff... like driving nice scenic roads, turning fast laps or showing some actual driving skills.

Personally I find the current preoccupation with doing smokey donuts rather juvenile (regardless of the driver's age). I like to think that it is just another of those fads like rubrics cube or fidget spinners that serves no useful purpose, and will eventually fade away.

Cheers...

bmwyouknowyouarenotthefirst1.jpg

That is quite a complex post to analyse. My brain is more geared to visual... So, skip skip nice advert... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1