Sign in to follow this  
hayleyt

135i Navigation Nz

Hi there, I just got my 2008 135i imported from Japan, wanting to change the nav and radio, I just bought the activation code and map download from Navi expert but it didn’t work as they only have the USB version of the premium nz/aus maps. Apparently mine can only be updated through DVD. Does anyone have the link to a DVD update version for premium maps? 

Can you not create an .ISO file from the USB and then burn it to a DVD? 

Maybe drop @promo a PM. He is an expert on these things I believe.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, hayleyt said:

Hi there, I just got my 2008 135i imported from Japan, wanting to change the nav and radio, I just bought the activation code and map download from Navi expert but it didn’t work as they only have the USB version of the premium nz/aus maps. Apparently mine can only be updated through DVD. Does anyone have the link to a DVD update version for premium maps? 

Not as easy as that unfortunately. An 08 would probably still be CCC in which case you need to change all the navigation hardware in the car and recode the headunit. Not really worth doing that as the last nav update for CCC was 2014 from memory. If it's CIC i think the HDD needs to be changed to euro spec then the headunit will need to be coded and maps loaded on to the HDD.

you need to add HIP Module in your CCC, Flash your CCC with ECE Firmware and need to remove your GPS cable from your Navigation HDD unit and plug to HIP module and  reroute to Roof Aerial. Latest Update for CCC is 2014.For Maps FSC Activation Code I can generate Activation code for CIC, NBT headunits(Motion,Premiun,Next) for NZ new cars only and not retrofitted units and not Japan