Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

MCM and dodgy wreckers

This is entertaining to watch, MCM buys an potato engine from wrecker, wrecker does the (sadly nearly normal now) scummy wrecker thing and then the internet happens with 3.6 million subscribers.

Their google reviews are getting crushed, social media getting slammed.... and probably deservedly. Kinda need to be careful whos on the other end of the phone, if the wrecker had been straight up and fixed the problem honorably they would have 3.6 million people giving them a high five.

Southport Wreckers in Queensland if ya wanna watch the fallout.

Edited by Jacko
  • Haha 2

Learned something new tonight. Apparently to fix coolant blowing out of the exhaust you should “Pour some oil in the cylinders and let it soak overnight”.

Very professional of them to censor the business.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jacko said:

Southport Wreckers in Queensland

It’s all a good laff until the business owner - on top of Covid - recognizes he can’t possibly make amends, tops himself leaving a wife and child, bills to pay, and a bunch of internet pundits staring at their shoes.  I’ve compressed the timeline with doctors visits, antidepressants, accountants, therapists, depression.  

I’m not suggesting that a dodgy wrecker is a good thing; this pack don’t have a business relationship with the wrecker.  The Harmful Digital Communications Act came in (in NZ) for a reason.

Surely some of you remember our PM emploring us all to Be Kind?  I know some of you drank that koolaid, must’ve worn off already.

• Like 3

Or perhaps one struggling guy buys an engine he expects to bolt into the family car and drive his family around, but finds he spent his savings on an anchor the wrecker wont replace, and then

6 minutes ago, Olaf said:

tops himself leaving a wife and child, bills to pay, and a bunch of internet pundits staring at their shoes.  I’ve compressed the timeline with doctors visits, antidepressants, accountants, therapists, depression.

Swings and roundabouts, the wrecker had a shitty reputation before, now he better hope customers dont find them online before purchasing. Good rule of thumb tends to be dont be a prat, karmas a bitch.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Olaf said:

the business owner...  tops himself

35 minutes ago, Jacko said:

one struggling guy buys an engine... , and then...

I don't condone hurt to anyone, but someone who profits from the misery of others deserves whatever karma deems appropriate.

This is the sh!tt!est of business practices. Sadly, if the business has earned a reputation for this sort of thing (assuming it is run by an individual), it deserves to go bust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacko said:

Good rule of thumb tends to be dont be a prat, karmas a bitch.

While I agree with your statement in essence, I disagree with it being used to essentially justify a mob attack online.

Wait. Did the owner kill himself? Over this? Suicide is a serious mental health problem but a trigger is not a cause, and this video is most certainly not a cause.

It's the only video of theirs I've seen but their narrative seemed fair even if there was a boatload of scripted disingenuity, changing tense throughout the video was amateur. Regardless, they deserved their money back, seller shouldn't have made that difficult.

Edited by M3AN
sp
  • Like 1

Jeez Dave, it's not like you to miss the point? 😂  As you were.

• Confused 1

Nobody killed themselves :D , I suspect the wrecker spat out his XXXX when checked his google reviews in the morning though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The internet allows everyone to be judge, jury and hangman. In the old days this was how you organised a lynch mob. Nothing has really changed. Don't expect the social media to have morals... its function is to sell advertising, not teach people how to behave responsibly.

Cheers...

Edited by jon dee
Proof reading :)

@M3AN I think your inbox is full, trying to message you.