Sign in to follow this  
nath

1980's photos

Interesting, any idea what the event was..? Looks like it could be the launch of the E30 3-Series from the cars on display and in the car park..

2 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Interesting, any idea what the event was..? Looks like it could be the launch of the E30 3-Series from the cars on display and in the car park..

The E30s are all FL ones and one even has what looks to be a COUTTS number plate.  The clothing in first photo looks more 1990- ?

Good points. Although it is a bit hard to pin-point the time period in NZ from that particular attire - good old Kiwi bloke in T-shirt, jeans shorts and no shoes - could be any time from 1970 - date..

The cars are a bit more telling, and I did miss that they are facelift E30s which would make it a bit later in time.

• Haha 1

Could that be the old McMillan Building in Greenlane before they built Newmarket ?

37 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Good points. Although it is a bit hard to pin-point the time period in NZ from that particular attire - good old Kiwi bloke in T-shirt, jeans shorts and no shoes - could be any time from 1970 - date..

The cars are a bit more telling, and I did miss that they are facelift E30s which would make it a bit later in time.

Hehe :)  Was thinking any earlier the shorts would be Stubbies...!   Cool photos nonetheless.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Could that be the old McMillan Building in Greenlane before they built Newmarket ?

Great North Rd, where Audi are now.

• Like 1

Should have added- all 1989, 635 photo is at Herne Bay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 11:44 AM, nath said:

Few pics from Kura of BMWs in the '80s 

photos_101456_extralarge.jpg

Looking at that location with the tower block, seems they are on the waters edge on Curran street, just after the turn off to get onto the harbor bridge heading north. 

Untitled.png.3eccbc7f994be3e6e6bf308a77990fdd.png