Sign in to follow this  
thorburn

Diesel reflash software

Yes they control the opening and the closing rate. Not just fapping all over the show like older stuff

1 hour ago, dirtydoogle said:

Apart from the pre injection it would be continuous 

The same words of caution apply. It's not as simple as petrol injection tuning, which I do a lot of, or carburetor stuff, which I do a lot of.

But, if you want to Google your answers to try one up someone who i has been the performance industry for more than a couple of forum searches, who is just saying be careful, be my guest. 

Not googling answers to try and one up anybody, was really only asking questions. As usual most things on this forum turn into a sh*t show, no wonder its slowly dieing.

2 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

It’s a single injection event, however, there are multiple phases within that event, it’s not all one big squirt and done like it used to be.

As I understand it The piezo injectors can control the amount of needle lift to vary the flow rate of the fuel entering the cylinder. As it says in the document, starts slow and ends quick, and has a few ups and downs in the middle.

Noise is reduced by having the less violent start, plus the emissions (especially the NOx and particulates) are controlled by reducing the temperature of the flame front as it spreads through the cylinder.

Only the later m57 engines use piezo injectors. The early ones such as in the e39 and e53 are solenoid type.

8 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

However, if you want to play with it, by all means. I guess all I can do is warn people that it's foolish to tu-tu 

Foolish maybe. I'll try Google educate myself as much as possible before diving too deep. 

Does the fuel pump/rail have a mechanical pressure relief in these? 

Went back and loaded up some winols projects from awhile back, I spent considerable time awhile ago researching tuning the M57 and finding maps. Comparing my standard map and one that I paid for from a well known tuner. As you can see boost has not been increased by much, I suspect the standard turbo isnt good for much more? Seems to be a popular upgrade to fit the turbo from the later model M57TU and then turn the boost up further. Smoke limits increased, standard maps probably pretty conservative to meet emissions, and drivers wish limits increased. 

Smoke and drivers wish limits / maps are in mm^3 of fuel. SOI maps left standard. EGR disabled (as i removed it). Few other things changed as well but not too much of interest. Tune was left conservative to be easy on the auto gearbox (known weak point). Car drives well and doesn't smoke, other than a slight haze when you boot it. Car has done about 80,000km since been remapped, and towing loaded car trailers over the kaimais etc no problems.

edc15.PNG

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thorburn said:

Foolish maybe. I'll try Google educate myself as much as possible before diving too deep. 

Does the fuel pump/rail have a mechanical pressure relief in these? 

How much are you hoping to tweak it by? The fuel pump has a pressure control valve inside it that is controlled by the computer, thats how it controls rail pressure. The standard injectors are limiting in the fact that they cant inject enough fuel fast enough when you start getting into the higher quantitys, and you end up injecting fuel well ATDC which creates a lot of heat. I have a CP3 R90 pump here, I was going to stick it on mine, but Ill probably never get around to it.

17 minutes ago, polley said:

Went back and loaded up some winols projects from awhile back, I spent considerable time awhile ago researching tuning the M57 and finding maps. Comparing my standard map and one that I paid for from a well known tuner. As you can see boost has not been increased by much, I suspect the standard turbo isnt good for much more? Seems to be a popular upgrade to fit the turbo from the later model M57TU and then turn the boost up further. Smoke limits increased, standard maps probably pretty conservative to meet emissions, and drivers wish limits increased. 

Smoke and drivers wish limits / maps are in mm^3 of fuel. SOI maps left standard. EGR disabled (as i removed it). Few other things changed as well but not too much of interest. Tune was left conservative to be easy on the auto gearbox (known weak point). Car drives well and doesn't smoke, other than a slight haze when you boot it. Car has done about 80,000km since been remapped, and towing loaded car trailers over the kaimais etc no problems.

edc15.PNG

Hard to see much as resolution is so low

Looks like some odd axis changes and also map changes, almost like a lazy dump from another software version with maybe more power?

I use winols 10 hours a day if you need anything looked at let me know.

4 minutes ago, HaNs said:

Hard to see much as resolution is so low

Looks like some odd axis changes and also map changes, almost like a lazy dump from another software version with maybe more power?

I use winols 10 hours a day if you need anything looked at let me know.

It was uploaded as a full res screen capture but maybe bimmersport compressed it? 

I think the IQ limits are probably too high to be a dump from a higher power software version? It looks like the MAF scale on smoke limiter has been extended? If there is anything real weird it could be my map locations or scale offsets could be wrong too. Im only learning it as I go as a hobby / out of interest.