Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

*SOLD* 2001 E46 330ci Manual

*SOLD*

Sadly, with the purchase of an E30 M325i,  my beautiful E46 will be for sale. As often is the case, my intent had been to keep her long term, and I had been spending accordingly, but it wasn't to be.

Have owned just over 2 years.

2001 330ci / 160km / Orient Blue over Caramel Nappa Leather

Car is excellent condition inside / outside / mechanically - it looks great in the photos and I can assure you it looks like this in the flesh as well.

The car drives great, sounds lovely and looks fantastic.

Has been rock solid - 99% of work done has been preventative / proactive with OE parts and all done in last two years (i.e. car is fresh as).

Maintenance / 'Performance'

• Oil and filter (every 5km with Edge or HPR5) - will do a fresh change for new owner as almost due
  • Plugs / Diff and Tranny fluid
  • New intake boots, DISA O ring 
  • New waterpump / thermostat / radiator hoses / expansion tank / belts, all tensioners and pulleys 
  • Short ram air intake, fully heat shielded and ducted from kidney grilles - sounds great IMO
  • Valve cover gasket & oil filter housing gasket
  • Vanos seals & Oil line / Fuel filter 
  • Supersprint axle back and secondary cat delete - also has a switchable burble tune I was going to get rid of but will leave for new owner
  • Meyle HD CABs / new shock and strut mounts with front reinforcement plates
  • Meyle HD RTABs
  • Front and rear tower braces (ARC)
  • E46 M3 front 26mm sway bar / E46 Msport Vert 20mm rear bar, new bushings and adjustable end links (upgrade from 23mm/18mm bars)
  • ST XA Coilovers (Same spec as KW V2) - height and damping adjustable
  • Lemforder Tierods and boots
  • Fully certed for manual swap, coilovers and all mods (inc driveshaft hoops)

Exterior

• Front end respray (stone chips plus caught bumper on a curb) and boot respray (small dent from a branch)
  • Euro personalised plates - 'NZ E46'
  • ESR SR01 18x8.5 ET30 and Hankook Ventus V12 235/40/18 (Tyres have 10,000km on them - heaps of tread)
  • New headlight lenses / New clear corners / rear LCI boot lights / Dual slat front grille

Interior

• Fully refurbed and re-coloured M3 Nappa leather to BMW Caramel
  • Piano black trims 
  • Re-wrapped steering wheel and refinished trim 
  • Billetworkz shift knob, RUFF short shifter (nice and notchy but it is adjustable) and clutch stop
  • Alcantara shift and handbrake boots
  • Factory style Android touchscreen with wireless Apple Carplay - looks OEM but with 2021 functionality
  • Front JBL components, Pioneer amplifier and 12" sub
  • Both Airbag recalls done 

'If I was going to keep' list:

• IR to RF key conversion (have the parts, will come with car)
  • Engine mounts (Maybe - occasionally on a cold start will get a little vibration till idle drops)
  • Diff bushings (A little wear and get that E46 diff clunk sometimes if you are not smooth with your lower gear changes)

Asking price - $18,000 

IMG_2547.jpg

330ciFeb21-6.jpg

330ciMay21-9.jpg

330ciMay21-2.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

330ciMay21.jpg

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 15

Looks great as always, shame you're having to sell it !! Forgot the M3 mirrors in the details ? ;) Wish I could magic all of the interior and nice bits over to my car !! I'll hit your auction up and ask for the parts i want haha.

• Haha 1

That car is goddam beautiful. Got to be the best non-M3 E46 in NZ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Mate, honestly, whilst it probably is a very fair asking price, in this silly age where all these turnips are asking similar money for their neglected, high k's E36's, I'd be holding out for more. Has to be one of a kind in the country and sure to be worth double in 10 years' time, if not sooner.

Will definitely miss drooling over this beauty, hope she goes to a good home. Best of luck whatever you end up doing ✌️

• Like 4

Wait. You're choosing the E30 over this?

This E46 is unique and beautiful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Wait. You're choosing the E30 over this?

This E46 is unique and beautiful.

Yup, certainly not a rational decision I know, hopefully my E30 will be at a similar standard in 6-12months.

• Like 2

Jeez, that was quick! 

I didn't get a chance to jump onto your trademe advert for a snoop. Hope you got a price you're happy with! 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IainR said:

Jeez, that was quick! 

I didn't get a chance to jump onto your trademe advert for a snoop. Hope you got a price you're happy with! 👍

Yup, got the exact number I had plugged into my "E30 Resto Spreadsheet" 🤣

TradeMe advert didn't have anything that isn't here aside from a few 'non glamour' photos:

330ci TradeMe.jpg

330ci TradeMe-6.jpg

330ci TradeMe-4.jpg

330ci TradeMe-9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Damn, you move too fast for me. Glad you got your asking price and a quick sale for this beauty.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 12:02 PM, Sammo said:

Yup, certainly not a rational decision I know, hopefully my E30 will be at a similar standard in 6-12months.

I will help!

• Thanks 1