Sign in to follow this  
RustDevil

335i 6MT Numbers in NZ

Hello, I'm looking into buying one of these and was curious if anyone knows how many there are floating around in NZ? e90, e92, 135i it doesn't matter. I don't want them all to get snapped up with the current car market as crazy as it is and then never be able to get one so this information should be able to prioritise my purchase. If there are lots around then I don't need to make any sudden moves..

Also someone told me the manuals were weak transmissions, is there any truth to that?

Thanks

N54 was voted engine of the year for 3 years running i think.

Was a test bed for BMW into the turbo six mix for the M cars.

Issues with ancillary reliability, fuel pumps, injection, turbo rattle etc.

But, what a motor! Can't recall driving a car so wanting to make power, in all rev ranges.

The rotating mass is built proof and head/ valve function not far behind.

Way, way slower car in a straight line with a manual transmission, but if drifting or tracking, maybe some gains.

• Like 1

Not that many.  I would hazard a guess at 1 in 20 being manual for 335is

Much more 135i manuals out there.

Transmission isn't weak.

only 6spd man 

6spd auto 

7spd dct 

While I know a lot of younger guys who have come out of the Japanese car scene are totally manual focussed for every day driving the Auto is better and as mentioned much faster in a straight line.

There is a 135i Manual coming in from Japan on trademe at an asking price of 30k..... I can only fathom that the premium is being asked because it's MT. I have driven both MT and AT (owner of an AT 135i)...and I had thought/wanted to prefer the MT version...but the truth is I didn't and I grew up with manual cars in the UK. 

With the XHP flash on the AT gearbox it's a responsive fast shifting thing of beauty...

• Like 1

135i manual with n55 and 220k sold for 17.5 just before xmas. Go for the dct if you can't get a manual.

Edit: sorry, don't watch 335s

Edited by Blackie