Sign in to follow this  
OCouch

Getting BT Audio working on a 2010 X1 E84

We've got a 2010 E84 2.5i X-Drive from Japan with all the bells and whistles, and a few extras I've been trying to puzzle out. My end goal is to get Bluetooth audio and phone working like factory. Currently there's no bluetooth functionality, but it seems to have all the hardware ready to go - it's got the phone and voice command buttons on the wheel, and a communications module in the boot with a big old Bluetooth logo on it. No option for bluetooth anywhere in the CIC iDrive menus though.

Is this something I could get going with Bimmercode (seems to be the go from looking online) and if so, how would I code it?

Possibly complicating the matter, the previous owners had a TV receiver installed and a dash cam (which may have been hardwired in) - it's a good quality unit (Panasonic  TU-DTX600), and it seems to be activated by holding the down arrow on the steering wheel for 2s, but I'm not sure if this impacts anything - see video: 

Thanks in advance!

Oliver

20211213_001644.jpg

20211213_010432.jpg